Koolance PC2-601BLW for $114.99 @ xoxide.....

topcat989

Extremely [H]
here is link --> http://www.xoxide.com/koolpc1.html

shipping to me comes out to $15 (for the cheapest kind) for a total of just shy of $130. I didn't have to pay tax (california)

seems like a good deal for a starter h2o rig or maybe a second PC. the case itself usually goes for around $60 or so.

Anyone know Xoxide's policy on selling used cases? I picked up their eyecandy 'blue Sidewinder ' case about 2 weeks ago. At the time the case description didn't mention whether or not the unit came with a PSU. ....in checkout the item description clearly stated that the case came with a 400W PSU. When the unit arrived... no PSU inside. It clearly stated on the box that it comes with a bundled PSU. Most likely Xodide repackaged it the item to sell it individually and make a little more $$. Today I noticed that the website NOW clearly states that the PSU is extra. There's an obvious mark-off from where a PSU was installed at a previous time.

really no big deal, right.

The case window didn't come with protective peel-off skin as almost ALL acrylic products come with now-a-days (evidence that it was removed). ...and there were small scratches on the inside of the case window... it seems as though this case was used for a bit before it was sent to me. I'm building this rig for someone else and kind of signed off the blemishes due to time constraints.

Do you think this is a common practice with these guys?
Should I try and got some corrective action?
It's kind of a bummer too, because I'd like to pick up that Koolance rig for a m8 for X-mas.

My order from Xoxide (last years black friday) wen't great. Ordered on a friday, got in that monday, sheet over the acrylic, if I were you I'd buy the rig and if all else fails, return it. It's a great deal despite the fact it doesn't come tih a heatsink.

Hello,
Not trying to steal your thunder here. (Mods: if I'm breaking any rules please let me know. not trying to hijack the thread or compare.) I figured that the "source" might be cheaper. Since we're all in this for a good deal, well...
Here's the link:
http://www.infotechnow.com/

Infotech has them cheaper than Xoxide. Of course Infotech was the originator of the concept and Koolance is a spinoff company of them. That may be why the price is cheaper :D I live 3-4 mi from the store where these originate! Of course I know the owner fairly well since I used to work for him, his name is Peter Cheon, the President of Infotech. Tell them that a former employee sent you their way if you're interested. email at [email protected]

hhhahaha dude, are you saying that Koolance is a spinoff of infotech?

You better go back to whoever told you that and slap him for getting you to believe such nonsense. Slap yourself while you are at it.

Company : Infotech Systems, Inc
Address : 1414 S. 324th St. #B112 Federal Way WA 98003 US

Koolance USA
Corporate Headquarters

1111 South 344th Street Suite 202
Federal Way, WA 98003
United States

Actually the owner himself of Infotech had told me that. Now if you think about it. Why would they of all places be able to offer SUCH A DEEP DISCOUNT OF THEIR PRODUCTS? If you've ever been in their store (Infotech Systems) You'd notice that they sell the individual parts for the Koolance systems. (i.e. pumps, tubing, control boards, INEX-which is essentially the custom unit used to create for almost any case, case windows, etc, etc) I worked for them back from 1998-1999 during the time of the infancy stages of the Koolance, back when it was just a concept. At one time they even cooled the power supplies! Perhaps you don't view the Koolance as a spinoff, but think about it. What would be the most sound business decision for securing funding? By having another business to support it of course! Peter Cheon is indeed the Pres of Infotech. Now think about it. Have you ever been inside of Infotech? Most of their employees are of Korean descent and heritage. Koolance is based in Korea as well. Try doing a trace on Koolance.com and Infotechnow.com and you'll notice a few things. While you're at it ever hear of Amway? Try tracing Amway.com and Quixtar.com. You could find out numerous things just by a little research. Stop by infotech and ask to talk to their Koolance experts, and you'll see that they know more than anywhere else! As all places of business have, they've a warehouse nearby if it's in their budget to do so! How else can they get their product so quick, especially Koolance? Before you comment with such a scathing tongue, think before you act, as I've learned to do the same. Otherwise, I wouldn't have even replied back to this, since it's beneath me. I'm just looking to share a little info. I make sure my facts are correct before posting. Even though it says on the board that I'm a noobie, I've been around since the back in 1996. I don't need to toot my own horn here. I give you the respect that you deserve STRESSTEST, since you've helped numerous people in this forum with your mods, and such. Heck, I'll even bet you're into car stereos (probably used to be an installer) and into customizing cars. I'm sure you've heard of FOSS audio, or Goodguys before they went under. Heck you probably even have a kid or two so you're quite busy. Of course some of these things are just assumptions, but since my brother is into customizing cars too and drives a kermit the frog green truck (Mazda B2000), well there you go. I've learned how to read certain things about people just in what they do and how they carry themselves. Bear in mind, I worked for Infotech, and I know Koolance. I built my own watercooling before jumping to them since 6mm vs 1/2" is no contest. Thank you!

STRESSTEST said:
hhhahaha dude, are you saying that Koolance is a spinoff of infotech?

You better go back to whoever told you that and slap him for getting you to believe such nonsense. Slap yourself while you are at it.

hahahahahahahahahaah, good call

I got my Logisys Armor case at xoxide....It came with a ding in the rear right panel at the folder....No plastic on the window either....But it did come with my TT Butterfly installed....I called them about the ding and they took $15.00 off...so at $49.99-$15.00 = $34.99...not too bad I guess for a case with an LCD Temp Display.....

Look man, this is nothing personal. You said it was a spin off company, but it's not. They are the same company. There is no spin off.

The whole thing is a DBA setup.

You may have worked there, you'll get no arguement from me over that.

But when you do multi-million dollar business with Koolance and actually take the time to fly to S. Korea and sit at the corporate headquarters boardroom table with Peter, then maybe you will know what I know. In fact, I managed to get him to send me home with 3 EXOS units that trip. They were the first 3 to hit US soil since they hadn't even been released yet.

Yes, I am very familiar with the "store" here in Federal Way. I've been there many times to pick up product before they moved the koolance office to the warehouse down the road. Yes, I know that the Koolance offices were 2 or 3 doors to the left of the Infotech doors. All old news.

I don't know when you worked there, but I was doing business with them before the likes of that flunky, Ken Kang came and went. Or even before him that dude Tim Hunting (Who still happens to work there as Product Manager). Since you haven't identified yourself, you might be one of these ppl, or maybe you are Kimberly. If so, you know who I am. Peter will surely know. Eitherway, it doesn't matter.

All Im saying is that you are wrong in saying that Koolance was a spinoff of Infotech. Nothing more. Cept maybe you should be caureful how you word things in the future. There are many of "us" out here that are in the know too.

-Stress

In that you actually took the time to acknowledge that I wasn't in the know, I do appreciate that. :cool: That was very cool of you to do so. However, I had said spinoff not in the literal sense, because of the fact that most people aren't patient nor care enough to find out the truth in things. You apparently do. I respect that. As you can see however, I took it personally when you had said "slap myself." You must ask yourself who wouldn't? In that you advise me to be careful how I word things, I feel that others--not just you should do the same. In that we're all on this big blue rock together, we can at least learn from each other. I learned not to be too general in my postings and to be very specific. I mean I spend my days working a thankless job like some of the rest of us. I work defending and supporting the true nature of what freedom really is. I admit that I do take it rather personally when others jump on the bandwagon so to speak. It is only because i defend those very same people so that they have that right to be a$$hole$. That doesn't sit well with me. No, I'm not any of those people, but I did work there when Brian Hyun worked there, and I remember the people that you speak of. They had sold me the wrong motherboard with SCSI on it! Well, because I had no need and considered myself very ethical I returned it and informed them of the situation. No, I was accused of stealing a motherboard, but because I didn't speak Korean I was unjustly dismissed. The question I have to ask is why would I return it? My code of ethics here is why. I held no grudge however. Guess I should have taken Korean instead of Japanese... ;) Ironically enough, Mr. Hyun was summarily dismissed for reasons unknown. Apparently Peter, realized his error, because to this day he actually goes out of his way to assist or help me. There are several people out there in the know, and there are people that know something the other doesn't. That's the great thing, sharing knowledge, and the nature of the interent. ;) BTW, I worked for Infotech when they were down the road past BestBuy, and I probably do know you since I'm a regular there. In that I was irritated with what you said I apologize--not as a sign of weakness... I look forward to hearing more from you on the case mods... God Speed.

On the reseller ratings:
bear in mind one thing, Language barrier. For replacement policy, a similar dilemma as well as short time period. Key thing to handling Infotech is always stay in contact and they'll honor their product. Been going there for years since 96 and I did have 1 prob with them tho... :mad: When I puchased a P3 600EB and fired it up the first time it didn't work, and so I took it back. I argued with Peter for over an hour to get it replaced. This was within the 3day time frame, in fact not even 1 day later. After that problem I haven't had a problem since and have been a loyal customer. Just ask for one of the service reps that speak english when all else fails (no i imply nothing racial since I'm native american myself and took japanese for 3 yrs) I will mention though that language barriers in any business are a constant problem... :D I read the posts for reselleratings: Kind of a double edged sword if you ask me. If they took care of their language barrier problem and weeded their garden so to speak I'd go there even more often than now. I confess that lately I've been taking my business to computersonics. Your choice as the saying goes, I wish you luck.

yeah tell me about it... Pakistani actually. Just they'll beat infotech's prices on parts, but for koolance, i'm stuck... sometime infoetoch has some deals for local stuff. like if you don't want to wait.... :D

STRESSTEST said:
So from Koreans to Arabs. Yet another barrier :)
Oh, to add on here. I've never been passed off to anyone else with computersonics, but infotech i have several times. Until I talked to someone that was born and raised speaking english, i had problems... go figure. also, one more point, this "fiasco" started because I felt I was being judged unfairly. What everyone fails to see is that I was just trying to help another out, and if I misquoted then i'm sorry. I should have said subsidiary or DBA instead of "spinoff." As with all things, there are several meanings to things. I chose the wrong one I guess... :(

I used to shop at infotech and believe me paying double anywhere else pays off. They are totally rude, ignorant yet think they are all knowing, and are thieves! Can you believe that they charge you extra if you want to use your credit or debit card? Yeah, I repeat do not buy from them. Im sure there are a few good guys there but all the ones Ive ever had to do purchases from are losers. Koolance however is a great company. I see the price for the blue koolance case at infotechnow.com is 100bux but as a recommendation stay away! It will cost you lots more in the future.

Please read the posts and you'll notice the situation with them (Koolance). I'm sure you read my post on my 600EB dilemma? Well, you know how processors back then sometimes had the blue expanded stuff around the cores. Well, mine had it too and I pointed it out to them since it was the first time that I'd seen a P3 chip of that type (socket 370). Needless to say: Yes I did fight with them for over an hour as mentioned in my prior post. Perhaps they have a language barrier. I'll say however, that computersonics in comparison hasn't really given me any grief. I've been doing business with them since 1999. They'd screwed up on a web order, and as a result they sold me an athlon 64 3000 at their cost a little more than online. To show their sincerity they even gave me a discount on the K8N Neo2 Platinum and the powersupply that I purchased to upgrade. Props to them in my book. :D So our experiences may vary, it seems there's some bad apples in every bunch. Just pick out only the good ones and avoid the bad ones-the ones with worms.. yechh. :p

No doubt but this is getting way off the subject.....? Computersonics doesnt even carry koolance. Yes computersonics is by far a better supplier than infotech and I have referred many a company to change from buying from infotech to computersonics but neither of them are great. Unfortunatly there are far far worse. Compusave ring a bell? Yes double the price and double the idiots that work there.

Agreed with you on the compusave thing. I do give props to Coolerguys however, they do carry Koolance. They even let me pick up my order 1/2 hr after they closed when I drove from Tacoma to *Woodinville*. Some may want to check them out.
*you're right stresstest, i typed bellevue by mistake since i think i was traumatized by driving in that mess up there that they call traffic. I grew up in the midwest, not to drive in this mess. :D

I've actually bought quite a bit at Compusave (Lynwood) with no problems. Maybe selling product to them has something to do with that, I dunno.

FYI Coolerguys is in Woodinville, not Bellevue ;)

Topcat... I agree with you we did jack your thread. I'd no intention of doing so, but for my part. Sorry man. In the future if I got a "beef" with anyone I'll take it to the side. Thanks.

Back