Koolance screws dont fit my BFG 6800gt HELP!

Pic please and what cooler model are you using?

Added:

Does your card have 4 equi-spaced holes surrounding the GPU? Are these the holes your trying to use? Or are you trying to use the holes that the original HSF was mounted with?

im using the BFG 6800gt OC, This is the second card i got as the first was defective and both time the screws that attatch the koolance blocks are just barely too big.
Im trying to use the chipset cooler for the GPU ( wich koolance says works on GPU's) im wondering can i buy a seperate waterblock from BFG like the one that they make for there 6800 ultra or can i order another from koolance?
BTW this water block attatched fine to my 5900XT and this 6800gt is so HOT 56C with AS5 @ idle that its crying for water, thanks for the help

I had the same problem on the ASUS Extreme N6600 GT boards. If you use the holes that were used by the orginal HSF it's a big stretch and the thing looks bowed. Then I noticed 4 holes surrounding the GPU that were just a tad too small to get the Koolance stock screws in. After carefully looking to see what the holes were for I went ahead and just screwed in one of the screws. After I got it in flush with the other side I unscrewed it to see what was going on. It essentially cut a extremely light thread in the hole. Again after deciding that the holes were just there for something to be mounted to (perhaps a smaller GPU block?) I went ahead and screwed in both screws. No problem! :cool:

gpu 180 vo6, i tried to jam the screws in there but i would have to exert to much force.... hopefully koolance or BFG will have an answer cause this puppy is HOT
idling at 57C after a crash in doom had to lower the core to 404 :( i think with water i could get to 420-425

I ran into this exact same thing last night after picking up the same card. They will fit, but you have to screw them into those holes with the little metal ring lining like someone else mentioned above. It'll work ok in the end. They don't slide thru like they normally do on other cards (like my 9800 Pro it take off of).

so you got them thru and didnt ruin the card?
its still under my 30 day period so i might try jamming the puckers in there this weekend

Back