Kudos to Logitech

Sifu

Weaksauce
I just wanted to share the Logitech love.

I bought a Z-5500 at the start of the year, and (idiotically) removed the bolt connecting the base of a satellite speaker to the speaker itself. Apparently, you aren't supposed to do that, as the nut falls into the speaker housing and there is NO way to get it out. So I called Logitech's domestic line (do NOT use their online customer service, or you'll get a form letter from Vipash or Rajneesh) amd they were kind enough to replace the speaker.

About 10 days pass and no speaker shows up, then I get a follow-up email. I respond that I haven't gotten the speaker yet, and share the story of an irritating sub hum that just developed. The CS guy explains that it's the control pod and asks me to send the pod and the satellite to their Fremont offices. I do.

Two weeks pass, and I email to ask about progress. He tells me someone on their end screwed up, and they appreciate my patience....so, they decided to send me a brand new Z-5500 set!

I've heard a lot about bad service from Logitech, but they've really taken care of me. The KEY: for any help, call them. Do not use their email/online customer service. Hopefully this info will be of use to someone out there.

Nice going Logitech.

I like happy endings! Good luck with the new set. Hope it doesnt give you problems. :)

cool :cool:

so do you have all(most) your old satellites? My friend had some problem with his z560's sub or something, so he sent it back and got a new speaker setup from logitech, and got to keep his old satellites :)

You should sell the sats on ebay for some money if you still have them. Or you could always just use them with any old receiver you find at the pawn shop.

Sifu said:

I bought a Z-5500 at the start of the year, and (idiotically) removed the bolt connecting the base of a satellite speaker to the speaker itself. Apparently, you aren't supposed to do that, as the nut falls into the speaker housing and there is NO way to get it out. So I called Logitech's domestic line (do NOT use their online customer service, or you'll get a form letter from Vipash or Rajneesh) amd they were kind enough to replace the speaker.

About 10 days pass and no speaker shows up, then I get a follow-up email. I respond that I haven't gotten the speaker yet, and share the story of an irritating sub hum that just developed. The CS guy explains that it's the control pod and asks me to send the pod and the satellite to their Fremont offices. I do.

Two weeks pass, and I email to ask about progress. He tells me someone on their end screwed up, and they appreciate my patience....so, they decided to send me a brand new Z-5500 set!

I've heard a lot about bad service from Logitech, but they've really taken care of me. The KEY: for any help, call them. Do not use their email/online customer service. Hopefully this info will be of use to someone out there.

Nice going Logitech.

I did this to one of my satelites... guess I should call them :p

Actually, I find this kind of post depressing. Disregarding the first issue, which was your fault, they sold you a defective product (sub buzz), and after you prodded them several times, they replaced it. This constitutes great service which is worthy of a forum post? I'd say anything _less_ is worth going to small claims court for...it's worrying that companies have succeeded in lowering our expectations so far that we're _impressed_ when they fulfil basic obligations :(

Sifu said:

Nice going Logitech.

What # is there domstic line? I tried to get a problem resolved, but they said my warranty is up. 6 speaker direct never worked...

AdamW said:
Actually, I find this kind of post depressing. Disregarding the first issue, which was your fault, they sold you a defective product (sub buzz), and after you prodded them several times, they replaced it. This constitutes great service which is worthy of a forum post? I'd say anything _less_ is worth going to small claims court for...it's worrying that companies have succeeded in lowering our expectations so far that we're _impressed_ when they fulfil basic obligations :(

You're kidding right? While it may have been a minor nuisance, Logitech sent him a BRAND NEW set of speakers, and let him KEEP his old ones. How many other companies do that? You can probably count them on one hand.

I have had very good service form them as well and took care of me at about the same level...

That pisses me off.

I did the exact same thing, called them, and at first they were going to send me a replacement speaker and then they told me they couldn't. I even tried to BUY one from them, and they told me they don't stock the individual speakers and it was impossible for them to send me one even if I paid for it.

domoMKIV said:
You're kidding right? While it may have been a minor nuisance, Logitech sent him a BRAND NEW set of speakers, and let him KEEP his old ones. How many other companies do that? You can probably count them on one hand.
Klipsch and Creative do the same thing.

i've had some good luck with newegg by email and stuff

but i think phone calls will always give you the best results (i plan on calling when i'm ready to build);)

domoMKIV said:

Not quite, he had to send in the control pod and if you have ever used Logitech speakers before you would know that the speakers will not work without the control pod. This is actually their standard RMA process, you send in the control pod and they send you a REFURBED set of speakers. Its cheaper on their end rather than you sending everything back in and you trying to repair it.

So basically he has some satellites that you probablly won't make any money selling, and a fixed set of speakers, that took over TWO WEEKS to get replaced.

Not quite as bad as their Z-560s, which took over two months for some people to get replaced, but were basically feed the same BS line.

Back