KVM Switch - xBox & Mac - Planar PX2611W 26" IPS

kvcrawford

n00b
So I got the newer xBox S (the slim black one) for Christmas. I bought an HDMI -> DVI connector and connected it to the monitor, played some Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3, and it looks GORGEOUS. (don't worry if the box says DVI -> HDMI, both ends are male, so it will go either way). I was a little worried since I couldn't find any information regarding using an xbox with this monitor, but I am very pleased so far. I have it running in 1080p mode. The monitor's native resolution is 1980x1200, at 26" - http://www.planar.com/products/flatpanel_monitors/px2611w/

Unfortunately, the monitor only has a single dual-link DVI-D port, and no HDMI port, so I need a KVM switch to be able to switch between using the monitor for my macbook pro and my xbox. For a 2-port, dual-link DVI KVM switch, prices are all over the place. I just want something that effectively unplugs 1 device, and plugs in the other device. I don't want anything that could affect the video quality. Since I'm a computer programmer, I don't mind something that might be a little work for future use cases like another computer instead of an xbox (meaning USB/Audio).

Here are some of the products I've looked into:

I'm really surprised by the cost. Is there such a thing as a KVM switch that ONLY does the DVI ports and doesn't worry about USB/audio? Does anyone have any advice? Thanks :D

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Wouldn't it be smarter to buy a second IPS panel for 200$ (Asus VS229H/ML239H)?

You don't need dual-link DVI-D for resolutions 1920x1200 and below.

Get a cheap HDMI switch or single-link DVI switch and you'll be fine.

Back