KVM w/DVI and USB For a G4 Mac and PC

seanmcd

[H]ard|Gawd
Pc's are in sig link.

I want to know if someone has experience with using a KVM between a Mac and PC. I have plenty of KVM experience - but I just ordered a new 19inch LCD w/DVI-D that is going to be good enough for gaming (finally) so I'm going to consolidate everything to one desk. I guess my mouse/keyboard choices are the Apple Pro Keyboard, MS Explorer 4.0, and or a Logitec MX Duo (wireless keyboard and mx700 mouse). I don't care which mouse and keyboard I end up using - as long as everything works and switches back and forth FLAWLESSLY. (and that can run 1280*1024 DVI without losing any quality)

I've briefly read up on this and it looked like people had some problems with the newer Belkin DVI KVM's and keyboards/mice - although these issues may have since been resolved. Any info you can share is greatly appreciated!

chew:

how is it with the extra buttons on the mouse and keyboard?

the one I have right now is 15 pin dsub that I got before I bought the Dell 2005 widescreen and extra buttons on the keyboard and mouse work. I now just use the kvm for the keyboard & mouse and have one hooked up to dvi and one to the dsub but would like to use both on dvi.

all the ones I used worked, but I'll admit I didn't use all of the. volume controls and internet navigation worked. All the mouse buttons worked.

Back