Kyle - Update from AMD on bezel management different monitors?

Chameleoki

Limp Gawd
Kyle,

Was wondering if you could ask AMD if they even have plans to update drivers to allow bezel management when using the same resolution but different model monitors? I have 3 Dell 24" monitors but they are 3 different models. They all seem to have the same bezel width but because the are different I can't get bezel management.

Unless I missed in my google and forum search, I haven't seen where they have addressed this as a planned update or not.

Thanks!

Really? Anyone else can/can't?

Maybe it's something wrong with my setup (brand new as of yesterday). I googled for a couple hours and came upon thread after thread that said it still wasn't fixed yet. Everyone I came across said flashing EDID on the monitor seemed to be the only chance of working. This is with the 10.5's.

Nothing wrong with your setup.

Bezel management does not work with the following combination:

1 Dell 2407WFP-HC + 2 Dell U2410s. Display area is 0.2" wider on the 2407.

Bezel management does work with the following combination:

1 Dell E248WFP + 2 Dell U2410s.

This is something that CarrellK and/or TerryM need to weigh in on, IMO.

EDID flashing *is* the only way right now to get bezel management work on different monitors. Bezel management looks at the Image Size section of the EDID. If they don't match, bezel management doesn't work.

Here's the tutorial on rage3d on how to change your EDID. Altho the poster forgot to mention 2 things about powerstrip. One: you need an older registered version of powerstrip (like 3.83). Two: Powerstrip can't flash with 5xxx cards. You need an older video card to do it (I used a nvidia 250).

Thanks for the info. I am VERY hesitant to try this as all 3 of my monitors are now out of warranty. I think I will wait and hope they indicate if they are working on it. I understand what they are doing now with the EDID info, but question why they chose that route instead of just the chosen resolution. Seems like the harder route going EDID but then again I'm not a driver programmer.

I'm in the same boat. I can't use bezel correction because I have one monitor that the EDID says is a hair bigger than the other two. It seems like ATI could easily just ignore the size that the EDID gives, or just enable bezel correction without looking at the EDID at all.

The AMD website quotes a 5% tolerance in pixel density for bezel correction to work.

What I'd like to know from AMD is how long before they finish off the Eyefinity resolutions. I'm still waiting on a 3x 720p option for three 16:9 screens. They said they were working on it in January, then we saw aspect ratio correct intermediate resolutions but nothing at the low end.

The AMD website quotes a 5% tolerance in pixel density for bezel correction to work.

It doesn't work sometimes even when the pixel density is within that tolerance

What I'd like to know from AMD is how long before they finish off the Eyefinity resolutions. I'm still waiting on a 3x 720p option for three 16:9 screens. They said they were working on it in January, then we saw aspect ratio correct intermediate resolutions but nothing at the low end.

+1. I play at 5040x1050 when I need to but would also like to see 4320x900 and 3840x800 as options.

Back