l227wtg-pf yellow tint on monitor?

Hi Guys,

I just got a brand new LG l227wtg-pf which I love so far but the one thing I have noticed is the on the right hand side of the monitor, when displaying a totally white page (i.e. google, about:blank and etc) it starts to get a very light yellowish tinge to it.

It's a little more apparent on the bottom right hand side of the monitor. The left side seems pretty white unless you start looking at weird angles which I am aware of with TN panels.

But my main question/concern is, is this normal for this particular monitor or did I possibly get a defective monitor? Mind you, I've tried sitting a looking dead center at the monitor but I can still see this light yellow tinge color happening especially at the bottom right hand side.

Other than that all of the other web sites I go to look great! How uniform of color should I expect with this monitor? Should it be exactly even between the whitness of the left hand side compared to the right or should I expect this uneveness??

Anyone have any thoughts? Especially those who own this panel. Should I take this one back and get it replaced?

btw, I have searched the forum exhaustively for info on this but I'm still unsure of what to do.

Thanks alot guys!

Move back a bit when viewing and try to line up to centre again, and see if it's still there. If so, there is something wrong. The white should be pretty even unless you sit really close to it, and then sometimes the extreme left and right sides might yellow, which is typical of some screens. But definitely, if you move back and view from the "centre line" and the yellow is only there on the right, something is wrong and you should get it exchanged.

Thanks for the replies so far!

Bryson, What did you end up doing with your monitor? Did you exchange it and find that the new exchanged monitor was much improved?

Does anyone know the optimal distance to sit away from a 22 inch monitor? I know too close is bad, but to far would be bad as well.

When I got my 42 inch plasma TV I pulled a ruler out and measured exactly how far the couch was going to sit for optimal viewing dstance so does the same thing apply for large LCD monitors?

I returned the monitor after much painstaking deliberation. I used to LOVE coming to and surfing [H] forums. The best term I could use to describe it would be visual orgasm. The blacks really pop because of the glossy screen. Even playing the same old games seemed to have new life to them but the viewing angles of TN panels came as a real shock to someone coming from a CRT.

I decided to forgo TN issues altogether and upgraded to a 32" samsung a550 HDTV instead. The l227wtg is no where to be found in canada for some reason or I would love to take a chance on it again. I took a look at the display model at futureshop and it too seemed to have a slight yellowish tint at certain angles or when viewed up close.

Quick update. I went to BB and bought another l227wtg-pf to compare the two in my home and I'm now convinced my first monitor was defective.

I plugged in the new monitor and could see a big difference. I no longer see the obvious yellow tinge on the bottom right hand side of the screen anymore. The old one goes back tomorrow.

Other than that, this really is a beautiful monitor.

when i bought my first one it had a yellow tinge on the right side like yours. I wanted to take it back but couldn't get over the fact that i might get one with a dead pixel. So i waited untill my wife got hers to make a compairson because it was only a few days later that would happen. I got hers and took mine back. got another one and it looks excellent. I have researched extensively before makeing this purchase. Hands down this is the best monitor i have seen at this price level

Back