L4D2 Finale video

Am I the only one that thinks this looks like nothing but additional levels and shouldn't be deemed a "sequel"?

I suppose its OK. More of the same though. Show us something we havent seen.

90% of the time, yes. I don't fully understand why everyone is getting all bent out of shape about it.

Because it could've easily been spread out over the year as DLC for L4D1, which is 1/2 of a full $40 game at best. Team Fortress 2 is cheaper and has gotten more free DLC in one year than L4D1 AND everything they've shown us so far in L4D2 combined. The very least Valve could do is make L4D2 significantly different from L4D1 and not just a map/weapon/monster pack.

Am I the only one that thinks this looks like nothing but additional levels and shouldn't be deemed a "sequel"?

Certainly not. The Steam forum for L4D was in an uproar for a month after E3 complaining about this. Many people I know are not happy with this move, coming as it does from Valve and not from EA.

I thought that too, but the new weapons are sick and I'm pretty sure that they will come out with something surprising later on.

Plus L4D is such a good game, I've already bought it 3 times, going for a 4th wouldn't hurt.

Because it could've easily been spread out over the year as DLC for L4D1, which is 1/2 of a full $40 game at best. Team Fortress 2 is cheaper and has gotten more free DLC in one year than L4D1 AND everything they've shown us so far in L4D2 combined. The very least Valve could do is make L4D2 significantly different from L4D1 and not just a map/weapon/monster pack.

Team Fortress 2 is a unique game. It's pretty much the only game out there at the moment that isn't an MMO that has received very significant amounts of official free content over a long period of time. We can't expect every game to receive that kind of treatment.

Team Fortress 2 is a unique game. It's pretty much the only game out there at the moment that isn't an MMO that has received very significant amounts of official free content over a long period of time. We can't expect every game to receive that kind of treatment.

Can you even call MMO addiction content free when you pay a monthly fee?

I thought that too, but the new weapons are sick and I'm pretty sure that they will come out with something surprising later on.

Plus L4D is such a good game, I've already bought it 3 times, going for a 4th wouldn't hurt.

The new weapons are just re-skins of the existing ones. The melée weapons, from the footage I've seen, are pure gimmickry.

Valve still hasn't shown us everything that the game has to offer (there's a new game mode too).

As it stands right now this is too much for a DLC, but not enough for a full priced sequel. It's not really an expansion pack either, since it is on a different revision of the game engine. Hmm...

Most people don't know that there isn't just the Charger as a new infected. There are 2 more, possibly a 3rd. That would equal 4 new ones.

Of course. It's blatantly obvious that the contents of L4D2 were originally meant for L4D DLC, but someone at Valve thought it would be a better idea to repackage the DLC as a sequel to milk another 50 bucks from everyone.

This thread made me check the the L4D2 Boycott group on steamcommunity, it has 40,000 members atm. I'm not part of that group but I completely understand why there are so many pissed people.

Back