L4D2 Releases Tonight @ 09:00pm

I'd say 90% of the games I preorder off Steam end up being releases hours after the actual release time, why do I keep falling for it

Tis out, as rflcptr pointed out

Oh yeah, Decrypting files window pops up, does nothing then disappears, Top shelf!

<sigh>

Myself and alot of friends stayed up for this release. Comm'on Valve, get it together........... People are losing sleep over this, people that have to be at work @ 8am. I, personally won't let that happen again. (now that i'm thinking about it, how much is my time worth?).

SR

released.png

decrypting now, needed a steam restart. Click on left4dead2, then restart steam and click game again then the decrypting started. Finally.10:10pacific

In non steam game - Left 4 Dead 2?

Oh nvm just changing crap in steam to do that. Reminds me of when SFIV was released, lol.

Here's a protip, change your main download location to some small country and the game will most likely actually decrypt compared to heavier locations, and decrypt faster :cool:

Anyways, im done decryptalating and am gun go play!

Finally Valve come through with their word.

But too bad I cannot play because i still have school work :(

I don't think the government encrypts files this [H]ard. This is taking really long...:eek:

Well, I can go watch the meteor shower while this is going on. Anyone else checking out the Lionides tonight?

Got work in 8 hours and head is pounding, so tired... played the first 2 parts of dead center on advanced... no mics though. It was pretty fun! Got laser sights and incendiary rounds. Can't wait to really dig in tomorrow.

I don't think the government encrypts files this [H]ard. This is taking really long...:eek:

Well, I can go watch the meteor shower while this is going on. Anyone else checking out the Lionides tonight?

Viewable from where?

Viewable from where?

In N. America they're saying 20-30 meteors per hour and 200-300 per hour in asia! 1 AM Pacific is the time to they say would be good to start viewing in the US, but damn it that's just too late to drive somewhere further away from the city to get away from the light pollution.

guess it's l4d2 til I drop :D

In N. America they're saying 20-30 meteors per hour and 200-300 per hour in asia! 1 AM Pacific is the time to they say would be good to start viewing in the US, but damn it that's just too late to drive somewhere further away from the city to get away from the light pollution.

guess it's l4d2 til I drop :D

I was just reading it lasts for 5hours.... pretty big city :p

I have it for both the PC and 360, 360 version only because I have a lot of friends IRL that will be playing it on that as well.

We played about four hours tonight on the 360 and beat the first two campaigns, mall and carnival.

All I have to say is HOLY SHIT, this game blows away L4D in every single way. My only regret is that I have way too many friends on both Steam and 360 that I want to play this with. I'll be getting pulled in both directions so lord knows how long it'll take for me to get the main achievements for both versions.

Well, that and I have to work tomorrow, I'd totally be all-nighting this if it wasn't for that. :)

The campaign is amazing, and I have to say its way better than the first L4D..

but, Versus is just boring compare to the first one, its like playing marathon who run the longest...

I am seeing I play more L4D versus than L4D2...

and I don't see L4D2 will be ever part of CEVO or any competitive match...

I was just reading it lasts for 5hours.... pretty big city :p

Yeah, I live in Los Angeles county, it'd be quite the drive to escape this city's lights, lol

And Yes, Dead Center is pretty challenging, especially the 2nd part after the first safe house.

GOT IT! ;) The game was released at 6am here in the UK, so I saw no delay. Not worth getting your knickers in a twist anyway.

Steam crashed a few times and then said Steam was already running so had to log off and back on again. It took ages to show the list of games under the Games tab but I left it for a while and it eventually updated. See here http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1028729

Haven't had chance to play it yet. Can't wait to play it tonight, the wife is out with girlfriends too, so mega zombie slaying shenanigans coming up. All I need is some Budvar and I'm set!

Last edited:
The charger completely outclasses all of the other special infected. It's really ridiculous, to the point where if you play one game of versus I feel no need to elaborate because all but the most thickheaded among us will understand exactly what I mean.

Beat all the campaigns on advanced to learn them... gonna do expert tomorrow night.

Way better than L4D1 for the co-op campaign. I didnt get credit for the parish though cause a tank jumped on the helicopter with me =(

So while I was fighting him the other guy on my team hopped on and let me die hahhaa.

Played through The Parish this morning before I headed to work. Love it! Can't wait to get home and try the others out.

The jockey and the charger make things very interesting especially at the end of The Parish.

Back