Labs Coming Online!

DamienThorn

[H]ard|Gawd
I've managed to b0rg one of my labs at work - about 30 Celeron 2.4s, and in the next month or so, assuming that my timetable works out, I'll have another 30-60 computers of roughly equal strength coming online. I'm looking forward to being in the top 200 sometime soon... :D

Nice job. :D

Put a few with DR_K13 as the user name, I lost my b0rgs :mad:

Now that sounds like a plan to me, and a dang good one ;)

nice! should get you some very nice output... check on memory before you try bigpackets (or F@H at all, depending on how cheap they are) 256mb min to borg, 512mb if they get heavy use or you want bigpackets, 1024mb if heavy use+bigpackets or QMDs.

AtomicMoose said:
{{{{{{DamienThorn}}}}}} :D

Nice work d00d!
Is that a 6 legged hug? If so, where did the extra 2 come from?

Nice b0rg, dude! Production is gonna skyrocket for you...

you should put some under my name :) :) :) , nice work btw

[H]ooray for the [H]orde. Clobber the Aussies into submission.
beatup.gif

The Celerons ride again!

just hope no tinkers show up...

Awsome borg man! Make sure you wave to us all as you fly by! :D

With that horsepower I look forward to looking backward to see you coming, and then looking forward to see you climb to the top!

Well, it's taken me longer than expected (co-worker left and I got to pick up the slack, family problems, etc) but the labs are coming. I JUST finished up a lab with 15 2.8 Pentiums, and over the next week or so and updating a lab of 24 1.7s, a lab with 36 2.4s, and a lab with 18 2.8s. If should help get us a little closer to the Aussie... :p

DAMN MAN - That's about 220Ghz of Intel folding power!!
Based on some of Statsman's stats that should garner a SWEET 10,000 points per day!!

sweet were gonna take those aussies [H]ard with that attitude

btw remember team 33 user paulmr

gnewbury said:
DAMN MAN - That's about 220Ghz of Intel folding power!!
Based on some of Statsman's stats that should garner a SWEET 10,000 points per day!!

is that before or after the canadian conversion... jks jks... couldnt help it :D

That's great news! It's nice to see someone's dream of "borging the labs" finally come true. We've heard the plan many times, but it's usually shot down for no reason by some control freak who's in charge of the labs. Great job, DamienThorn!

Well, this looks promising!

Nice b0rg, man! I expect you'll be blowing by me in 2 weeks or so at this rate. Wave!

Mattman said:
That's great news! It's nice to see someone's dream of "borging the labs" finally come true. We've heard the plan many times, but it's usually shot down for no reason by some control freak who's in charge of the labs. Great job, DamienThorn!

Thankfully at the moment I'm the person that's in charge of the labs. I'm pretty certain that for at least a year I'll be at my current job, so I'm aiming to use the labs to fold for at least that long, though come the semester I might lower F@H from maxing the CPU resources to about 75%, just so that it's completely invisible to the users on the computers.

Back