Lady Gaga Born This Way a day early and only 99 cents, Amazon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not my cup of tea but a major artist new release for a buck is a hot deal to someone.

At least she seems to actually sing and write her own "songs."

Good deal- but I just got one song downloaded and it's just sitting there. They have to be overwhelmed. Anyone else having the same issue?

Can someone tell me why Amazon has any sort of processing to do after purchase and choosing to send the songs to their cloud service. It seems like it should be a pretty quick process, even with high demand. Hello, single instance storage?

Anyway, $.99 for a full length album, I couldn't pass it up. Even if it's Lady Blah Blah, my wife and or daughters will listen to it. Okay, I might listen to a track or two.:D

Not my cup of tea but a major artist new release for a buck is a hot deal to someone.

At least she seems to actually sing and write her own "songs."

Born This Way song... ever hear Madonna's Express Yourself? :p

After watching her HBO special, I at least respect her. She puts on a good show, has an impressive voice, and doesn't lip sync (which these days is actually noteworthy).

I'll get this for my niece. It should annoy my sister plenty. :D

I don't know......if they had just done a package deal and included Justin Bieber, I might have jumped on it :p

Good deal for a buck if you like her as an artist. Just a little too Madonna-ish for my tastes.

I bought in, because I like someone who is tops in her profession (Marketing, not music)

Exactly this. Lady Gaga is weird in many ways and I don;t like her music. But, she was on Google and she seems to love this whole digital takeover. By pricing her album for $1, this is a good place to start because she's probably making shitloads of money elsewhere and all the people just want are free/cheap music.

Born This Way song... ever hear Madonna's Express Yourself? :p

Shame on you for actually thinking Madonna wrote music. Similar rhythm is nothing new and does imply ripping off. The rights owners of Express Yourself have nothing to go on in court over this. For music examples of music rip offs, please see "Ice Ice Baby" and <insert song here> from P-Diddy.

Shame on you for actually thinking Madonna wrote music. Similar rhythm is nothing new and does imply ripping off. The rights owners of Express Yourself have nothing to go on in court over this. For music examples of music rip offs, please see "Ice Ice Baby" and <insert song here> from P-Diddy.

thats called sampling. Big difference than just writing a supposedly new song and it ending up sounding almost identical to a madonna track.

Oh goody, I bit (against better judgement) and I only have a 3rd of the songs from the album in my cloud storage.

EDIT: Yes I waited the 15min, but I guess this is overloading Amazon's cloud.

Finally a company that recognizes true market worth of music. At least as far as "standard" albums go. I wouldn't mind paying "good" money for a band's "box set" or "behind the scenes" type deal. Then again, this is not my type of album. Actually, this post is getting off topic and random. Kinda like a rant.

All in all, a good deal. lol

Contacting customer support, bet they are just being overwhelmed.

EDIT: Gave up on there customer service call, headache + bad call wait music = no fun!

Last edited:
After 3 hours I only have the digital booklet pdf. I'm not in a hurry thou.

Screw You All.

I GOT THIS SHIT FOR ME :D

LMAO, honest enough to admit it. I respect that!

I got it early this morning... for me and my daughter (we share all our music)

OH, and I expected the server overload... so I bought it as a "gift" and sent it to my other email. I will download tonight, or tomorrow ;-)

Of the 5 songs I have in my account alread, this isn't half bad, better then some of the free music I get from Amazon.

shadedshun.gif

Yeah, on SNL during her second performance, she ended up with a prego costume, was put into stirrups, and gold afterbirth shot out onto the stage. Kelby, Wait till she pops one out for real, then she can be "Lady GaGa Goo Goo" :D

Yeah, on SNL during her second performance, she ended up with a prego costume, was put into stirrups, and gold afterbirth shot out onto the stage. Kelby, Wait till she pops one out for real, then she can be "Lady GaGa Goo Goo" :D

Rumors she had a wardrobe malfunction on SNL, guess Timberlake is just a jinx and he use to be such a nice little boy too.

Can someone tell me why Amazon has any sort of processing to do after purchase and choosing to send the songs to their cloud service. It seems like it should be a pretty quick process, even with high demand. Hello, single instance storage?

Anyway, $.99 for a full length album, I couldn't pass it up. Even if it's Lady Blah Blah, my wife and or daughters will listen to it. Okay, I might listen to a track or two.:D

I bought it early this morning and it was in my cloud instantly and I downloaded it to my pc in a couple of minutes. I guess I beat the rush.

Or how about Queen's Under Pressure and Ice Ice Baby...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back