Lag on DX9 games

ReNeGaDe*

Limp Gawd
Hi I just got a Galaxy Geforce 6800GT (with one of the VGAsilencers stock fitted onto it) and even at stock frequencies I get this lag, like it freezes for a few seconds then goes normall again, then freezes etc. and this is only on dx9 games. It is fine on opengl games, like doom3, but only on dx9 games. What could this be due to? I've got the latest public drivers (61.72)

This happened to me when either my overclock was too high or I had a bad PSU in my system. Try using coolbits and setting your 2d clock and your 3d clocks to the same speed.

try the updated drivers. 65.73 --66.02 those worked for me, i had the same problems. Install them and report back.

Woo it works :) I just got it to run Far Cry and Deus Ex 2 without any problems on the 66.00 drivers

I actually fell back to the 61.72 because of the weird graphics rending issues I experianced with the other drivers. This one seems to work best for me.

mariorulz247 said:
try the updated drivers. 65.73 --66.02 those worked for me, i had the same problems. Install them and report back.

huh? 66.02 isn't even out yet it's only being tested by an official beta tester on nvnews forums.

Back