LAME: SOYO dodging rebates?

Company is not bankrupt == Must pay rebates.

Company is hiding behind bankruptcy protectin == Ripped off customer.

Not ripped off customer wants to make not bankrupt company go bankrupt faster because of impending bankruptcy that could possiblly cause the customer to be ripped off by bankruptcy procedings.

Doesn't this pre-emptive strike policy, in this case at least, seem rather self-destructive, even if possible.

My origional point was that until they actually go bankrupt, you aren't ripped off / have a chance of getting your rebate and if they do, and you are truly "ripped off" then it's already too late to drive them into bankruptcy. However, maybe my "little mind" doesn't understand the complex logic behind forcing a company into ruin just to prove to them that they can only screw you if you screw them first.

shkmiami said:
Obviously from what you have written Khem, you are somebody who has not been ripped off by Soyo, or maybe you have, but you take being screwed over in stride as you say, "Everyone gets screwed out of something in life at sometime". I see that you like being bent over and being violated by a "truly large, INTERNATIONAL, corporation". It is quite normal in life to be screwed over sometime, but it is not normal to accept it or to take it lying down. With your attitude, you would be walking kind of funny after Soyo is done with you. Forgive me if I seem "self-promoting" when I mention my successful example of engaging in consumer action after I have been wronged. I just wanted to point out that even one angry consumer can start a meaningful series of events that can lead to the death of an irresponisble company. Granted, Soyo is a much bigger company than ezbpc, but you also have to realize that there are many more plaintiffs in this situation. If we collectively do our part, we will exert a great amount of pressure on Soyo or the government agencies to do something for the consumers and put Soyo in a world of hurt. Giving Soyo a free pass on this sets a dangerous precedent to other electronics companies who might be tempted to engage in the same course of behavior in the future.
You can roll your eyes all you want kid, but the fact is one person can indeed make a difference. Also you might want a read a book about what actually constitutes a "libel" instead of watching Budweiser commercials once in a while.

I
Way to go man. I applaud your actions.

ion, there's always things the little guys can do if they collectively take the effort. The courts may find their is some criminal intent in SOYO's actions and not only will bankruptcy protect future consumers, the current ones might gain some solace if it's found that the corporate heads deserve to serve jail time. It happened with Enron. Being passive serves no one. If you actually think most people agree with you, I'd start investing in K-Y stock.

I've been waiting forever for these SOYO rebates to come in....

After emailing them and getting the same response every time, I just filed a complaint with the BBB.

I see no reason a rebate should take this long -

FU SOYO

Sent them an email and got this bullshit :(

Please allow 12-14 weeks from the postmark deadline date for your rebate form to process. The post mark date we assigned for your rebate form is above the line where you provide your name. In the meantime, please continue to check your status during the time frame.
If you have not received your check 14 weeks after postmark due of program let us know and we will take this issue from there.

We apologize for any inconvenience.

Best Regards,
Rebate Department
SOYO Inc.

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thursday, December 02, 2004 10:40 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Rebate inquiry

I sent my rebate forms, original UPC and original invoice from Newegg that I purchased my SY-P4I865PE Plus DRAGON 2 V1.0" 865PE Chipset Motherboard Socket in September. It has been well over 10 weeks and I have recieved no word from either SOYO or on http://www.verifyrebate.com

Any information on my rebate would be appreciated.

Thank you,

I thought I should add to this thread
fireDragon1.JPG

soyo/tiger owes me ~$65. I have been waitting for 8 months and all they tell me is "Please allow 2-3 weeks for your check to be received"

I've written my rebates off from this company and will never do business with them again.

Feel free to join me, and many others complaining to the BBB -

http://www.bbbsouthland.org/

The link above is for the BBB in CA where Soyo USA and their Rebate Center are located.

I filed a complaint against both addresses in the BBB database for Soyo...

I STILL cannot register my rebates for the SY-P4I865PE DRAGON.

They've REMOVED it from the list. ARGHHH

BUMP!! Please help. How many of you actually got to register for the P4I865PE Dragon 1.0?

You guys all may be SOL, HSING bought out SOYO...HSING is the same group that owns PCChips/ECS and the pletora of other OEMs...

MD

I bought one of their micro-atx boards in maybe March when they were like 15 after rebates, think I bought from buy.com actually....

Well, I had completely forgotten about it because months had passed. Then, 5 months to the day, the thing shows up. Middle of August, nice. 8-10 weeks my butt.

So yes, people do get their rebates, but they come only after you've forgotten, or have given up.

got my rebate check for $62.99 and It was signed xmas day!
It only took them about 8 months. Now let's see if the check bounces...

It's been 4 months for me so I figured i'd take 5 minutes just to send them a friendly reminder. I'd really like it to come, but at this point that $75 is so out of my mind, I could care less. Would be very nice though. And if they don't do anything, I'll contact the egg about it, just to see if they can help me out.

After filing a report with the BBB and continually spamming SOYO about their poor service I got a reply other than the lame form letter they send everyone.

I followed up to an email, and had to fax all of my original forms *including a copy of the UPC* to SOYO.

Got both rebate chacks within a week ($40 and $35 = $70 Total for one board I got from Newegg)

The contact info, fax number etc is listed below.

Be nice guys - this lady helped me and a friend get our rebates. If you play nice you may get yours back too :)

Dear valued customer,

According to the Rebate's terms and conditions, "Manufacturer is not
responsible for lost or misdirected mail".

However, I will making an exception in helping in this matter if you can
fax us your invoice, UPC and rebate form to 909-937-0783.

Regards
Elizabeth Tsang
SOYO Inc
909-292-2533
[email protected]
www.soyousa.com

Good luck all -

Just wanted to say that I checked the verify site today and my 2, $45 rebates for the soyo/newegg mobo deal were *finally* approved. That is a step in the right direction. :)
~Matrix

Rebate form #1:
12/28/2004 14:57:51Approved

11/09/2004 10:49:12Registered Online

and Rebate form #2:
01/06/2005 12:59:36Approved

11/09/2004 10:46:03Registered Online

matrix0507 said:
Just wanted to say that I checked the verify site today and my 2, $45 rebates for the soyo/newegg mobo deal were *finally* approved. That is a step in the right direction. :)
~Matrix
nice. Just 5 more months and the money should be yours :-P

The thing with Soyo, is that the rebates on the website for which want to track will not show up until the the 24-26 week wait period AFTER the closing date. Most Soyo rebates take about 6-8 months to recieve. I got my Rebate that I sent in May, in early november. Its just how they are...terrible, terrible processing time...there is a thread over in AT that I posted in, it has an actual working phone number for the girls that do the rebates you can call

SOYO = BLAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

J/K...sorry about my little outburst of past frustrations with Soyo products. I have used and will never again, Soyo mainboards simply because (personally) they have prooven to consistantly fail over and over and over again. Perhaps they really are made of biodegradible Soy beans.
Anyways...I'm not bashing on you guys with Soyo boards who love them (especially the initial Dragon boards)....rather I feel for you guys and especially the owner of that burnt soyo board picture....I have similar experiences all too many times in the past. There was a pretty big national system integrator whom (for a fact) switched completely to Soyo boards in 90% of their productline Infact...they did very well for approximately 4 years before they switched to Soyo and PC Chips motherboards from using various brands like Asus, Tyan, Supermicro..etc. After that switch.....sales gradually decreased while Customer Service issues spiked...eventually one day the company went into bankrupcy and closed :( NOT saying using Soyo and PC Chips boards was the ONLY reason...but it certainly can't be ignored...not to mention the horrible service Soyo rendered to this particular OEM.
I've found Soyo to be one of those brands that some ppl sware by them and others just flatout hate them.....to each their own I would say. On a serious note...I pray that you all get your well deserved rebates...thats a horribly long wait for them to come in.

after having too many problems i just returned my board to newegg for the 15% restocking fee.

I sent them my rebates back in October. It was a double rebate requiring all the same information. I'm still trying to figure out how they approved on of the rebates and not the other. If I still lived in California, I'd go knock on thier door. The rest is just my imagination, I'm sure. :eek: Right now I'm just waiting for them to answer the phone or reply to my emails. :mad:
Soyo may be getting out of the Motherboard business, but it looks like they are trying to roll out new products in other areas. I'm trying to collect every number I can find for anyone associated with SOYO so I can keep calling them and pestering everyone until I get some help. Is there a rule against sharing those numbers in one place for others to see? :confused:

Synchro said:
After filing a report with the BBB and continually spamming SOYO about their poor service I got a reply other than the lame form letter they send everyone.

I followed up to an email, and had to fax all of my original forms *including a copy of the UPC* to SOYO.

Got both rebate chacks within a week ($40 and $35 = $70 Total for one board I got from Newegg)

The contact info, fax number etc is listed below.

Be nice guys - this lady helped me and a friend get our rebates. If you play nice you may get yours back too :)

Dear valued customer,

According to the Rebate's terms and conditions, "Manufacturer is not
responsible for lost or misdirected mail".

However, I will making an exception in helping in this matter if you can
fax us your invoice, UPC and rebate form to 909-937-0783.

Regards
Elizabeth Tsang
SOYO Inc
909-292-2533
[email protected]
www.soyousa.com

Good luck all -

I followed Synchro's advice and got both checks in the mail on the same day.....it took about 4 months from my original purchase date, which is with in the boundries of when they say they'll get it to you. I used the email Synchro provided; I got a reply the same day saying that if I didn't receive the checks in a week, to write back.

I got the checks 2 days later. I would suggest that you all do the same...but as the wiseman above said....BE NICE! Acting like a jerk will get you nowhere...good luck

I've got one of the two rebates back. Strangely enough, it's the bonus rebated, dated 1/28/05. I forget when I mailed them, but, just letting the rest of you know that I've gotten something.

Dear Valued Customer,

We noticed that you purchased a SOYO SY-P4i865PE+V1.0 Motherboard from us between 08/03/04 & 10/27/04.

As you may recall, our website advertised a mail in rebate for the SOYO SY-P4i865PE+V1.0 during that time. In partnership with SOYO, wed like to make sure youre able to redeem both rebates.

SOYO has provided a web-based application that allows you to check the status of your SOYO rebate(s) online. To use it, simply log on to www.verifyrebate.com. Alternatively, you can e-mail [email protected] or call 909-292-2528 during regular business hours (9:00 a.m. 5:00 p.m., Monday Friday) to speak with a SOYO representative who can help address your issues or concerns. Please make sure to include your information such as first name, last name, mailing address as registered on the rebate form in the email to expedite your rebate verification process.

Please contact SOYO after the period of processing your rebate has passed (10-14 weeks, as stated on the rebate form) if youre having trouble redeeming one or both rebates. If you need a proof of purchase to support your claim, you may visit the My Account page at www.newegg.com to print out an official invoice.

As a gesture of goodwill, SOYO would like to offer you an exclusive promo code redeemable for $10.00 off your next purchase of select SOYO merchandise at Newegg.com. The promo code is SY732283 and may be applied toward the purchase of one of the following products: N82E16813139141 , N82E16813998101 or N82E16822162301 We view each customer as a customer for life, and in conjunction with SOYO, are pleased to offer you this special discount.

If you have any questions or concerns, please contact SOYO directly. You may also reach our support department by e-mailing [email protected] or by calling 1-800-390-1119.

Thanks again for shopping @ Newegg.com.

Best wishes,
Newegg.com Customer Care

No record was found with the given information. Please make sure you enter the correct information that was used on the rebate form. If you registered your rebate online, please check your status with your last name and reference number. If you mailed in your rebate form less than 8 weeks, please try again later. If you mailed in your rebate form more than 10 weeks, please contact us at [email protected] for further assistance. Please allow 1-2 business to respond to your inquiry.

Guess I will need to be emailing them.

Nice to see newegg.com getting into this though,

yup, I got the Newegg email just now, this is definatly a plus and a good sign. Let me take care of this...

I got the newegg email too.

Too bad I haven't gotten the fucking $185 they fucking owe me yet.

whew....I feel much better now receiving the newegg email. Hopefully this will all be over soon. I don't need this stress...

Be still my heart!

A company that is exiting the business NOT paying their rebates timely!? OMG :eek:

After all, they have so much to lose. Why, customer loyalty alone will cost them -- NOTHING!

What'd y'all expect?

i remember back in the day of tbirds when the soyo dragon was considered a great overclocking board, i guess they have gone down hill from there. i have never owned a soyo and probably never will.

i hate mail in rebates, i try to avoid them whenever possiable

I also got the Newegg email. So I decided to check my rebate status and amazingly it says the rebate checks were sent. I sure hope they were!

Back