Lame Tech Product of the Day

HardOCP News

[H] News
A real compound bow and a bale of hay is way cheaper than this goofy contraption and you don't need an iPhone to use it either. Nothing says "kick my ass" quite like a product like this. At least with a real bow and arrow you could defend yourself.

They are well aware of their target, alright :D

Wow. At least you actually stand up and not just sit down... :)

A real compound bow and a bale of hay is way cheaper than this goofy contraption and you don't need an iPhone to use it either. Nothing says "kick my ass" quite like a product like this. At least with a real bow and arrow you could defend yourself.

Because i'd really care what people think about me when i'm using a contraption inside my own goddamned house. :rolleyes:

I think it looks like a neat idea for someone who wants a fun way to condition their muscles and doesn't have access to land to shoot real arrows.

They should mix the Shake Weight with the iPhone. Best of both worlds.

"Oh God, you're almost there! Just a few reps more. Ahhhhhhhhh!"

The pathetic pandering in that article is pathetic.

Also, this:
"The BowBlade’s designer, chiropractor Ron Green, posits that the device is also a great means of exercise, allowing you to build upper body strength"
Isn't the whole fucking point of this stupid thing is to use it as an exercise device?

Perfect for those with Agoraphobia.......unless you're just plain crazy and would rather train in your bunker where the black choppers and drones can't see you.

A real compound bow and a bale of hay is way cheaper At least with a real bow and arrow you could defend yourself.
A nice compound will cost more actually...
But this "thing" only goes up to 30lbs... rather useless for a workout.

I'll take the real thing...thanks anyways.

There are other, much cheaper, ways of exercising to get used to the 75# pull of a good bow. I can pull a 30# with no problems, but a 75# is a bit rough for a newbie (me). I had to drop it down to 60# and do that - still a bit rough, but doable. I'm buying a cheaper tool to work out my arm and shoulders before next bow season.

A 75# pull on a bow can make me feel like a pussy, but I don't really use those muscles too often (pulling like that). It is a work out. Can't wait for that first deer with a bow, though. :)

Perfect for those with Agoraphobia.......unless you're just plain crazy and would rather train in your bunker where the black choppers and drones can't see you.

See you say that, but who's going to be the crazy one when they come for you, hey? Also I could take down a drone with a bow. Crossbow, i'm lazy (auto loader!) and like the word arablest.

I don't see anything lame about it. It's like saying Nintendo's NES Zapper is lame or the Kinect is lame because you can shoot a virtual bow and arrow at a game on television. It's a game and exercising equipment, so it's going to run a $200 tab. Most exercising equipment are expensive as hell.

I don't see anything lame about it. It's like saying Nintendo's NES Zapper is lame or the Kinect is lame because you can shoot a virtual bow and arrow at a game on television. It's a game and exercising equipment, so it's going to run a $200 tab. Most exercising equipment are expensive as hell.

Correction: the concept isn't lame but they need to up the pull weight adjustable up to maybe 120 pound.

Duct tape an iPhone to a used bow. BAM!

What about an iPhone duct taped to a steering wheel? BAM! New idea. :D

I dunno. Just seems to take the "mobile" out of mobile gaming. If it was for the big screen with a new Cabela's hunting game, I can see it. But, for the iPhone, I'm just not getting it. Just my opinion, though.

But you have to add the cost of the iphone. :) My recurve didnt cost this much.

Im glad this got Lame Tech Product of the Day! As a person who does archery, I think it would be sad if I never had the experience of archery and thought that this was somehow similar.

Also, I didnt have any land in my last residence, but went to the local archery range.

Back