Lapping Silver Blocks: Should I lap this?

sabrewolf732 said:

^^^^thats what my common sense tells me^^^^^^

Your common sense tells the truth, the glass is key if you're planning on making SURE you did a good job. ;)

Pics make me feel so warm and fuzzy inside! :D

Nice diagram though, looks uber right to me.

silver is not that much better than copper i believe it was 401 j/kw-sec for copper and 429 j/kw-sec for silver.... incidentaly aluminum is 200 some and gold is 300 some joules of heat absorbtion

Lunas said:
silver is not that much better than copper i believe it was 401 j/kw-sec for copper and 429 j/kw-sec for silver.... incidentaly aluminum is 200 some and gold is 300 some joules of heat absorbtion

I can't doublecheck or verify the numbers for myself, but that's just further backing up my point that it's really not worth the extra cash for the Silver blocks IMO. I dunno about you guys, but from most Canadian sites its almost a good $100 more for the Silver TDX variants, and considering lapping the copper blocks can yield the same small gains.....it does come down to basically the "bling" of having a pure silver waterblock. :p

ooooooooooouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu pretttttyyyy :: splooges pants ::

cornelious0_0 said:
I can't doublecheck or verify the numbers for myself, but that's just further backing up my point that it's really not worth the extra cash for the Silver blocks IMO. I dunno about you guys, but from most Canadian sites its almost a good $100 more for the Silver TDX variants, and considering lapping the copper blocks can yield the same small gains.....it does come down to basically the "bling" of having a pure silver waterblock. :p
my source http://www.scescape.net/~woods/

Back