Laptop and KVM Issue

mt_100

Limp Gawd
I have a Dell laptop I use at work in tha KVM and have tried thee KVMs with the same problem

When I switch to the desktop on the KV is fine. However when I change to the laptop the screen resolution on my monitor goes from 1280x1024 to 1024x768 for a second then reverts back to the resolution it should be set to.

The monitor is an older Mitsubishi 18" and the laptop is a Dell D830 in a dock. This has happened with Iogear and Startech KVMs.

I emailed the vendor and they said.

It sounds like the issue may be with the graphics card not receiving Extended Display Data Channel (DDC) configuration information. Certain drivers for newer operating systems and graphics cards require DDC information in order to enable displays. Unfortunately it is a limitation of all KVM switches and splitters that they are unable to pass DDC, there are a number of possible solutions; however I would recommend first contacting the manufacturer of your graphics card to see if your driver has the option to “Force Detection” or similar. Your graphics card manufacturer should be aware of this type of issue and have a specific solution for their drivers.

Anyone know what they are referring to and how to change it? This is really annoying as all my windows on the screen get re sized and moved every time I switch.

Back