Laptop backpack

BeavermanA

2[H]4U
Any recommendations for a 15.6" laptop backpack, with enough room for an xbox 360 controller, g700, sennheiser 280s and the laptop power adapter. Various cables and other small shit too.

Under $50 would be nice, $30 even better. Just spent a pretty penny :D.

I have the Rosewill backpack and I like it. Holds my 15.6" laptop and my g13 with plenty of room to spare. it was $37.01 with prime shipping.

I have not tried putting my ATH-AD900 cans in there with everything else though yet but they should fit.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I have the Rosewill backpack and I like it. Holds my 15.6" laptop and my g13 with plenty of room to spare. it was $37.01 with prime shipping.

I have not tried putting my ATH-AD900 cans in there with everything else though yet but they should fit.
Looks pretty nice and has great reviews. Probably a good reason why it is out of stock everywhere lol.

Newegg says 6/14/2013. Definitely can't wait that long, going to be taking this on business trips.

A bit over your price bracket, but I have one of these for all my gear. Cannot recommend it enough. Laptop, tablet, all my tools, peripherals, papers, etc in one bag. I can be up and running fully online in a matter of minutes. It carries the weight well too. Very comfy when fully loaded. I walk about 1.5 miles to and from my office from where I park my car (free parking is like gold in downtown LA), so this bag is a god send and worth every penny.

Just tossing it out there for discussion.

http://www.511tactical.com/All-Products/Bags-Backpacks/Backpacks/MultiCam-RUSH-24-Backpack.html

A bit over your price bracket, but I have one of these for all my gear. Cannot recommend it enough. Laptop, tablet, all my tools, peripherals, papers, etc in one bag. I can be up and running fully online in a matter of minutes. It carries the weight well too. Very comfy when fully loaded. I walk about 1.5 miles to and from my office from where I park my car (free parking is like gold in downtown LA), so this bag is a god send and worth every penny.

Just tossing it out there for discussion.

http://www.511tactical.com/All-Products/Bags-Backpacks/Backpacks/MultiCam-RUSH-24-Backpack.html

What advantage(s) does it have over a mid-range laptop bag such as Swiss Gear?

What advantage(s) does it have over a mid-range laptop bag such as Swiss Gear?

Superior build quality.
MOLLE system for adding additions on/reconfiguring space.
Incredible ergos, it fits like a glove and carries the weight well.

I had a Swiss Gear backpack and the only advantage it had was that it had built in padding. I simply keep my laptop in a neoprene sleeve. Other than that there is no comparison. This bag is in a different league altogether. I got my wife the MOAB 10 as a diaper bag, and it attaches to my RUSH 24. Great design and SO well built. I killed my Swiss Gear in a year. The stitching started falling apart. So far I am on 9 months with this and it is like new as far as construction.

Again, a bit out of budget, but if you have to pack your gear and do a fair amount of commuting, this is a great option.

5.11 also makes a COVERT line that is less conspicuous. http://www.511tactical.com/All-Products/Bags-Backpacks/COVRT/COVRT-18-Backpack.html

I got what I got due to it's modularity and space.

Pics of my bag as I am using it:

Last edited:
Damn. Yea as nice as it would be, no way I can justify spending that much. If using daily, maybe. This is just to get to the airport, on the plane, and to the hotel, and then back again. Once a month. Laptop is just for liesure.

Rest of the time it will be used to replace my old desktop in the living room being used as a htpc for cablecard.

I want a backpack because thats what I use now for my tablet and other stuff, but thats just an old ass regular backpack from college. Wont fit the laptop, nor protect it.

I have the http://ful.com/details.cfm?name=Tennman . I bought it about 4 years ago from Costco for $39, now it is $69 for some reason lol. Anyways, I have used this backpack 5 days a week, fully loaded with books and and a 16.4inch laptop and it is still in excellent shape. A bit dirty and the corner rubber piece on the botom ripped a bit but not in to the bag, just on the outside. Overall insanely sturdy backpack. I usually have very high expectations on things I buy and when things come apart fast, I get upset but with this purchase I have felt that I have got way more than my moneys worth. Even at $69 it is still the best laptop backpack I have used.

Like the look of that one. $50 or so at Amazon, depending on color.

Checked out Fry's.com, and appears as though they stock a number of backpacks. Going to stop by after work. Just hard to judge from online pics, with only a laptop and some pens etc. in the backpack, if all the stuff I want to carry will fit comfortably, and without just piling accessories in one compartment.

London Bridge builds some neat stuff. And their stuff can take a beating.
Lots of military contracts/experience. And unless otherwise stated, made in USA.

Targus XL Backpack Designed for 17 Inch Notebooks TXL617 (Black with Blue Accents) - is one the the biggest backpacks around, that will fit a 15/17 easily with lots of room for all your extras. I own one and i can even fit a coolermaste SF19 inside aswell as Audiotechica M50 inside Slappa SL-HP-01, a Logitech G13 a small outlet, a M518 with a case (cant find the link).

81OMumBVgyL._SL1274_.jpg

In case you were willing to spend a little more, Everki Beacon Laptop Backpack with Gaming Console Sleeve, Fits up to 18-Inch (EKP117NBKCT) its a very nice option, specially comes with extra pack for your xbox or other stuff you might want to get in.

81Xf1PNG0mL._SL1500_.jpg

81ULBY-TurL._SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:
Like the look of that one. $50 or so at Amazon, depending on color.

Checked out Fry's.com, and appears as though they stock a number of backpacks. Going to stop by after work. Just hard to judge from online pics, with only a laptop and some pens etc. in the backpack, if all the stuff I want to carry will fit comfortably, and without just piling accessories in one compartment.

My usual load is a 16.4 inch laptop, a large power adapter and cable, 2 portable mouses, Thinkpad Tablet 2 and its keyboard, a clipboard, a pen bag, one or two 300 page hard cover books, wallet, keys, cellphone, a tshirt, 2 24 ounce bottles of water, 2 sandwhiches and a banana. I have room for one tupperware and another thin notebook probably.

My usual load is a 16.4 inch laptop, a large power adapter and cable, 2 portable mouses, Thinkpad Tablet 2 and its keyboard, a clipboard, a pen bag, one or two 300 page hard cover books, wallet, keys, cellphone, a tshirt, 2 24 ounce bottles of water, 2 sandwhiches and a banana. I have room for one tupperware and another thin notebook probably.
http://www.amazon.com/Unisex-Tennman-Laptop-Backpack-8-Inch/dp/B0026CR9HW

Is this the same one? Amazon claims it fits up to a 15.4" laptop.

Probably grab that, and return it if it doesn't work out.

Argh sucks I won't get my laptop until mid-May. Just found out I'm going on a trip to Montana next week. Got back from Baltimore on Friday, and leave for Houston tomorrow. Usually go to Houston once a month and that's it.

Yes that is the one, my laptop is 16.4 and it fits fine. A 17" will not for sure though.

Back