Laptop Display Drivers? ( which do you use? )

Turbo-Productions

Limp Gawd
Hey guys, I did a quick search but nothing I was looking for..

My question is, how do you guys update your video card drivers on your laptops...

Do you just go with alternatives like Omega Drivers? or do you just use the supplied drivers that came with the computer / manufacturere's drivers online for your laptop model?

The reason I ask is because I'm soon to be owning an ATI X600 PCI-E 64MB in my laptop, and I would like to know the proper way of updating the video card drivers every now and then to get better performance / stability...

Thanks,

- Sunny

I'm taking a look at it and it says the following:

Catalyst Mobility 5.7 for Windows XP
Notebook Manufacturers Supported:

Clevo
Mitac
Uniwill
Arima

Graphics technologies supported

Mobility™ Radeon® X800
Mobility™ Radeon® X700

I have a Mobility X600... ermmm i think there's a problem....

Do the omega drivers support the X600s?

Turbo-Productions said:
I tried looking it up on google and i came across this program... anyone else use it?

DH MODTOOL 2.2
I just used it for the first time yesterday to install the 5.7 cats on my mobility x700, worked like a charm.

I have had the best luck with the Omegas...

I started off using the ones that came on my laptop and that was ok for a while when I first had it but then new games weren't working anymore (crash to desktop, errors on startup etc.). I grabbed some Omega Drivers and they worked great. Every game at least starts (of course I have to turn the display details down on the new games).

Toshiba's driver support was terrible for my computer. They didn't have a newer one since before I bought my computer even though ATI was releasing tons of new drivers... That's why I had ot get the Omega drivers. I even got on tech support but they had absolutely nothing to offer me.

Down the road I heard about hacking the INF file for the official ATI drivers so I gave that a try. I noticed absolutely no difference in FPS in any games I was playing and a couple games would start to experience texture corruption and then eventually cause a BSOD. So I went back to the Omega Drivers and they have been working very well for me.

I have a Mobility Radeon 9000. Omega all the way.

Turbo-Productions said:
nice did you see any noticable difference in framerates etc?

I'm very interested :)
To be honest I haven't been doing very much gaming, so I haven't had the opportunity to notice any possible performance gains.

Back