laptop for school - suggestions/advice please!

If you're interested in an IBM, I have a really nice T40 for sale that would be perfect for school.. PM if you are interested!

MacBook is nice if you want to switch to OS X, but it's a bit overkill on the processor for your needs. And it's really bulku for it's screen size.

I've just bought a Dell D420 for school - it's not very powerful (runs on ultra low power chips and 1,8" hard drives), but it's really small and light (just over 3 punds of weight).

thanks for all your help guys. I ended up going with the thinkpad x60 tablet PC. It seemed to fit my needs best. :)

Yes, X60T is a good choice.. I'm still waiting on my X61T for school. Waiting is so hard.

Check out the tabletpcreview forums and the thinkpads.com forums for some good advice about software, hardware, etc.

If you are set on the X60/X61 (I would go with the X60 if you want to find a cheaper one and dont care about running any games. X61 is slightly faster, main reason to get it is the Intel X3100 which is actually pretty decent for light gaming) then you should order one ASAP to make sure you get it before school starts. If not you can try to Ebay for one. Look for a cheap one with a SXGA screen (for student IMO its better than Multitouch). The processor doesnt really matter, RAM you can add yourself.

Yes, X60T is a good choice.. I'm still waiting on my X61T for school. Waiting is so hard.

Check out the tabletpcreview forums and the thinkpads.com forums for some good advice about software, hardware, etc.

Thanks for the links.

If you are set on the X60/X61 (I would go with the X60 if you want to find a cheaper one and dont care about running any games. X61 is slightly faster, main reason to get it is the Intel X3100 which is actually pretty decent for light gaming) then you should order one ASAP to make sure you get it before school starts. If not you can try to Ebay for one. Look for a cheap one with a SXGA screen (for student IMO its better than Multitouch). The processor doesnt really matter, RAM you can add yourself.

I got an x60 tablet off ebay :D

Back