Laptop HDs

sap

Limp Gawd
Where's a good place to get an SATA laptop drive? I've been to newegg and ZZF and their selection is somewhat less than I expected. I've checked out pricewatch as well, but I don't see a clear "leader".

Thanks in advance :)

sap said:
Where's a good place to get an SATA laptop drive? I've been to newegg and ZZF and their selection is somewhat less than I expected. I've checked out pricewatch as well, but I don't see a clear "leader".

Thanks in advance :)

Check out pricewatch.com, that's usually what I use to find the best deals on computer hardware.

a clear leader would be any 7200 RPM hitachi drive, i beleive Samsung or Seagate also now has a 7200 RPM drive, but from all the testing i have seen the Hitachi 7200 drive, 2nd generation seem to stay on top most of the time.

there isnt a big selection - because there really isnt alot to choose from..

4200 RPM
5400 RPM (standard for most)
7200 RPM

largest drive is only 160g i think Seagate was able to get upto now with their new technology.

is anyone even reading the OP? Hes asking where the best place to get SATA 2.5" disks is...

1) Links to websites more than actual drive opinions would help.
2) I'm pretty sure Seagate has a 200GB 2.5" coming; 160GB is sooo yesterday :p
3) Right now I'm looking at a Seagate 120GB 5400RPM drive for $175. I'm looking for a balance of price and capacity more than pure performance.

lithium726 said:
is anyone even reading the OP? Hes asking where the best place to get SATA 2.5" disks is...

Yes, are you...

....and their selection is somewhat less than I expected. I've checked out pricewatch as well, but I don't see a clear "leader".

He may have thought that laptop HD selection was as broad as for desktop's - it is not.

a clear leader to me means, which ones are the best, so i have some general information.

he meant leader as in which store is leading the others in terms of pricing and avaliablity of SATA hard disks. He didnt ask anything about laptop HDD's as far as performance or spec go.

lithium726 said:
he meant leader as in which store is leading the others in terms of pricing and avaliablity of SATA hard disks. He didnt ask anything about laptop HDD's as far as performance or spec go.
This is correct.
MrGuvernment said:
Yes, are you...
He may have thought that laptop HD selection was as broad as for desktop's - it is not.
a clear leader to me means, which ones are the best, so i have some general information.
This is not correct, no offense. I understand there is a much smaller market for 2.5" SATA drives, but I'm looking for stores (preferably online) that have the widest selection that has decent prices. I'm looking for the "NewEgg" of laptop hard drives, if you will :p

Back