laptop lcd showing a flickering line

urban

n00b
lcd_problems.jpg

lcd_problems2.jpg
lcd_problems3.jpg

its on my fortune technology. laptop http://www.fortune.plus.com/pdf/510E.pdf

not exactly that system but more or less, i know i havent given you many details but its late.
actually no, heres more info, it shows up mainly on blue hues, and it flickers but on normal web browsing or games you only notice it if your looking for it, i only noticed it recently after running suse linux on the system for a while then changing back to xp home.
i took the opportunity while installing folding at home to ask you guys for help.
it doesnt seem to be effecting the screen in any other way, i run it at 1400x1050
more deets in the morning :)

but any ideas why it could be happening. and how much would it cost to get fixed ?

urban said:
bump.

no ideas then ? fook.

My first and only thought at this moment is a bad panel. That or a bad connection from the panel to the motherboard. Have you called tech support?

Luck

its a 1 year old system.

and no they are fools, had alot of hassle with them in the past (i.e them not sending me my power pack back after replacing a hdd and saying i didnt put one in when i sent it to them.. 3 week delay )

hard ocp dudes come on !

urban said:
its a 1 year old system.

and no they are fools, had alot of hassle with them in the past (i.e them not sending me my power pack back after replacing a hdd and saying i didnt put one in when i sent it to them.. 3 week delay )

hard ocp dudes come on !

Bit hard to tell from the photo, but is that vertical patch perfectly straight on both sides? As in two solid lines of pixels down each side?

absolutely solid pixel lines yes, and the rest of the monitor is fine, i was playing dawn of war on it last night and the line showed up again still flickering but like just a blue flickering lines going up and down vertictly, but never straying from the bar.

never seen anything like it :S

It’s the “exactness” of the stripe that still leads me to believe that it’s an electromechanical issue. By that I mean either one or several driver circuits are acting up, or (hopefully) one of the contacts on the ribbon cable from the screen to the chassis has an issue. Don’t know if you have had it apart before but as a rule those ribbon sockets are right under the keyboard. I’ve seen symptoms like this before and pulling the ribbon cable and re-seating is fixed the problem.

Just my thoughts

Luck

its those bloody panda's at fortune. last time i sent it back apart from the power pack issue i also had to send it back cause they had broke the "o" key so it fell off now and again. i fixed that myself, then the spacebar key didnt react when you pressed it (no space) great i get to shout at them again, joyness :)

thanks bud i trust your thoughts and now i can give them an exact problem. dont want to loose my laptop quite yet, do you think it can do any damage to the screen at all ? cause if not i will hold onto it untill i get the new mobo for my desktop (laptops a backup)

cheers !

phoned the company up and they are going to repair it for free if it is the connectors seeing as it most likely stemmed from them repairing it, but if it isnt i will have to pay for carriage and hardware inspection :S

thanks guy.

Hope they take care of you, this kind of thing can be a pain.

Luck

Back