Laptop onboard video Geforce 7150 questions

NIVO

[H]ard|Gawd
Hey folks, a question on this onboard chipset. I've gone and looked over at nvidia site and it says it handles and accelerates h.264 playback(if im not mistaken, i just read about 10 sources and trying to gather info). My question(s) are to folks who have this setup in a dual core lappy. How well does it handle h.264 playback, any noticeable framedrops or pausing? Also from the sound of things the specs are for playback, which is fine......but the most important concern to me is for live streaming h.264. Does it handle it, and does it do it well? Im doing things involving live streaming so this is a great concern of mine utilizing many different sources. I am wondering if this chip will provide enough performance to do what i need without having to spend more $$$ for a add-in model lappy. I will of course have the necessary components otherwise as well(2gb ram, atleast a 1.8 dual core...most like will get a 2.0) and would not matter to me running either xp or vista as i can use either. Thanks for your time.

I have a laptop with the older 6150 integrated, and it plays h.264 video perfectly smooth, with no lag or slowdown. I don't think it's accelerated, but the CPU manages the decoding fine. In terms of streaming content, system-wise it shouldn't be any more intensive than non-streaming content, the only difference would be the speed of the network connection. I'm using Vista by the way, and you can see the rest of my laptop's specs in my sig.

Back