large case recomendations?

Elias

Limp Gawd
Is anyone using a mid-size tower that can easily keep the pump, rad and res inside? The air-cooled Kingwin case I'm using now is jam-packed (with good cable management), and there's no way I'll be fitting extra tubes and a pump in there.

I'm not all that interested in setting up WC externally. I'd consider a full tower, but its nice to keep the comp on my desk where I can easily see inside the window.

Any suggestions?

wow, 6 bays? for what? i have four and only one is filled, well 5 1/4 that is. i have a cheiftec dragon case and it is about to recieve the completely-internal-water-cooling treatment.

ribboned PATA cables maybe? i use cable folding(not creasing) to eliminate air blockage and reduce case clutter. as im sure most people here do...

Elias said:
I doubt you have 6 bays filled and AGP/PCI cards in a shuttle.

it's called excess, I only need one Optical and one HD but I don't wanna thread crap. I'm out, good luck with an even bigger case.

I've been looking at the Dragon case (and the Thermaltake Xaser version) - it looks nice and roomy. Does the front have a sturdy feel to it? Where did you put your radiator in that case?

CRXican said:
it's called excess, I only need one Optical and one HD but I don't wanna thread crap. I'm out, good luck with an even bigger case.

You're funny, passing judgement and all...

the steel dragon has a real sturdy feel, but the aluminum one really doesnt after you drill a few times ;) but mine is aluminum, and i have cut quite bit off and as long as you put some screws in(duh) after you drill out rivets, youll be fine

Xaser version, i personally dont really like, its nice but, it just doesnt "feel" right.

as for radiator mounting...hehe, well depends on size of rad, dual 120 you can really only mount in the top(as far as i can tell), but you can cut less and mount a dual 80 in the rear exhaust area.

i have a 1990 Ford heater core, with rather odd dimensions, and i am gonna put it in the top above my 5 1/4, but i dont have alot of drives, so it isnt so bad for me, but with 6, ehhh i dont know.

as a whole though, i really like the plain dragon look and feel, it has a nice amount of room for little price(around $50 i think is what i paid for mine)

Buuuuuut, i really would rather have a Lian Li PC70, alas i havent the money :(

I got all mine inside an SLK-3700AMB. I don't have the shock value since it looks stock. I don't have anay lights or windows.

Thanks for the replies - this will give me some food for thought over the next few days. BTW, the 6 used bays I had mentioned are both internal and external ;)

oh hell in that case i have 4, (about to be 6 once i put this resevior in it;) )

Back