Laser printer suggestions?

Satyrist

Gawd
I'm looking for something fairly inexpensive, but ought to have a toner cartridge that will last for a while.

Things like ethernet, internal paper trays, etc....Nice, but not absolutely necessary.

Any suggestions of < $100-120 (or less is getting warmer) are appreciated.

I'll likely be just using XP for now, and many printers can now work in some fashion with Linux...Vista support? Nice, but again, not absolutely necessary.

While I've looked at that, the comments (sure, I realize that sometimes they need to be taken with a grain of salt) state that 1500 pages out of it might be a large stretch..I dunno.

The amount you usually get in the 'starter' cartridge is typically 1/4-1/2 of what you get in a normal capacity cartridge...More often than not, anyway. Not sure if HP is the same way or not.

In all honesty, any of the sub-$100 laser printers will do just fine for black and white. They'll all also work with XP and Vista, possibly Linux, but that may depend on the manufacturer.

Also, I've been through about a case of paper over 4 years, and I'm still on the original cartridge in my Brother HL-1440. I don't print a lot, but at least the Brother cartridges last a while!

Back