Last Day for Bing Cashback!

Jeffredo

[H]ard|Gawd
It ends at 9PM Pacific tonight. I bought a GTX 460 for $219.99 from Tigerdirect and it got me $33 cash back. If you need anything check your favorite vendors for the best percentage and get the orders in today.

Edit 7/31: So long, farewell, Auf Weidersehen, goodbye!

Last edited:
It ends at 9PM Pacific tonight. I bought a GTX 460 for $219.99 from Tigerdirect and it got me $33 cash back. If you need anything check your favorite vendors for the best percentage and get the orders in today.

Did you order that today??

Asking cause someone else said that they called TD and was told that there BCB ended yesterday.

Just ordered a Evga 4-way Classified just now from TD using BCB and will report back if i see the cash back in bing shortly.

hmmmm... going through the bing page, if you go to store listings its still listed, and clicking through that link gives you the popup windows... however I just ordered $900 of stuff (evga 480/vertex 2/6gb ram/bluray drive) and nothings showing up in my bcb yet so that may be right.

prior to today the TD shopping cart would show you how much BCB. Today that is gone and I am guessing why it isn't working

I called TD earlier today, they confirmed that they are no longer participating in Bing CB.

prior to today the TD shopping cart would show you how much BCB. Today that is gone and I am guessing why it isn't working

Its been like that all week for me and i still got my bing cash back. Purchases made on teh 23rd up to the 28th all had cash back.

Asking cause someone else said that they called TD and was told that there BCB ended yesterday.

Just ordered a Evga 4-way Classified just now from TD using BCB and will report back if i see the cash back in bing shortly.

Quoting myself hehe.

JUST GOT MY BING CASH BACK FROM TD!! $67.50 pending on the purchase i just made at noon "eastern" on the 30th.

I'd say dont wait and go for it!

Its been like that all week for me and i still got my bing cash back. Purchases made on teh 23rd up to the 28th all had cash back.

I ordered mine from TD on 7/27 and while it showed no amount CB in my cart it did show the usual Bing window when I linked to TD. Later that day the $33 CB showed up as pending.

just got off the phone w/a TD rep who assured me everything was shut down yesterday so I cancelled my order.

went onto bing.com and now I see the following:

July 31, 2010
TigerDirect.com
$135.75 Pending
Date of purchase:July 31, 2010
Purchase ID:310201170012609
Go to store
You can request your cashback reward in 59 days.

TigerDirect.com
Unit price:$159.99
cashback (%):15.00 %
Quantity:1
$24.00
TigerDirect.com
Unit price:$169.99
$25.50
TigerDirect.com
Unit price:$489.99
$73.50
TigerDirect.com
Unit price:$84.99

replacing order...

edit: date shows July 31st above cause I'm in Tokyo right now, 1:34AM.
edit2: with the $30 MIR on that evga 480 that's $386.49!

Last edited:

I called TD earlier today, they confirmed that they are no longer participating in Bing CB.

just got off the phone w/a TD rep who assured me everything was shut down yesterday so I cancelled my order.

I would not place any faith in anything a Tigerdirect cs agent says. I have contacted them several times about one issue and each agent gave me a different answer. NONE of them read my email thoroughly enough to even answer the question!

I will write CompUSA on Monday and ask for a supervisor (or someone who is very familiar with the bing program) to write me back.

I would like to say that Bing cashback was a great program and I am sad to see it go.

this week ive been trying to find something i need to buy before bcb goes, no luck :( goodbye bcb

Wow, good bye Bing Cash Back.
You saved me $135 on my new computer.
It was great while it lasted.

Hey folks - how can I recover from losing a 15% rebate on TD/CUSA/CC purchases?? What's the "next thing"??

I was gonna buy that Agility II ssd tonight but losing the $20 rebate slips me back to waiting until Christmas season.....

Yeah bye bing cash back! Saved me about $500 in my new build! Thanks to the 15% off from Tiger Direct and Bing cash back i came back to PCs and build my first one in 4 years! Used to upgrade every 6 months before that. :)

I'd say sell some stuff!

BCB makes TD a newegg contender, no BCB from TD and TD is just mediocre.

When the Agility II 60gb ssd comes down to $100, I'm for it... unfortunately I think that will take awhile longer without BCB. :(

I got a Onkyo TX-NR1007 receiver today for $680 shipped from circuit city with Bing's 15% off.

Normal price $1600 - on sale for $800 - Bing cashback %15.

Free shipping/no tax.

Bing showed up in my account in about 3 hours as pending for $120.

= $680 for a $1600 AVR.

:D

I'll miss Bing too. It says I've saved about $800 since program inception on my Bing page.

I ordered my final purchase with BCB from TigerDirect at 11:59PM , showed pending ($90) in my cashback account about 10 mins laters.

I hope MS enjoys watching their Bing traffic decline as a result of this.

Its fake traffic anyway. The Cashback traffic just cost them money. It was sort of a promotion program to get people to try Bing, it had to end sooner or later. Some people may like Bing after trying it out and continue to use it.

Who was paying the cash back really? I had a hard time understanding who was paying me $100 in cash just for using the Bing search engine. If Microsoft, then that seemed like an extremely expensive endeavor....I usually found what I wanted in other ways, then portaled through Bing just to get the cash.........

Yea, I'll probably never use bing again.Got about 60 bucks from the cashback thing, not too much but every little bit helps.

september 26 is when my last cashback will be available then i can withdraw that last amount, bcb has been good to me, 514$ bcb pending. And no, a lot of it is not hardware, heck a lot of it is from the fiance having fun shopping at drugstore.com and sephora.com, those give like 30% bcb.

I still find myself using bing shopping and probably will for some time. It's a helpful comparison tool and the results don't seem to match google's shopping, so it's good to check both places.

Back