latest low profile cards

gaspah

2[H]4U
what are the fastest low profile pcie graphics card available (preferably with 512mb or more)? a few different models would be great as i have to hunt these down from local (australian) suppliers...also would prefer nvidia, but not essential..

any help much appreciated.. ;)

geez i didnt know theyy got that fast in low profile... thats great... will be top of the list if i can find it locally.. any other models.. they were originally gonna buy a regular 9600gt until they realised it wouldnt fit :p

Careful as that cards needs 105W (nVidia website), so... add that to your 12V rail PSU calculations...
(for a HP Slimline... we have a thread for that/over 3000 posts... that has a 160W stock PSU, an upgrade to a 270W PSU was enough (of course the massive 12V rail on the upgrade PSU heped, too.).

EDIT: Seriously, for low profile cards, look for our HP Slimline thread in the SFF section.

I just went through all this myself. Ended up going with the Zotac 9600GT. Card arrives this afternoon.

Was worried about my HTPC's 300w inWin PSU not being able to handle the Sparkle 9800GT.

Last edited:
It can, but... INWIN!?

I had an INWIN, in my HP slimline with a 9800gt (low profile), but...

I blame it for a:
motherboard death
GPU fan being borked.

Under load, I'd daresay INWIN PSU get some serious fluxuations. The 9600gt is as far as I'd dare push it (due to my experiences, recommendations from another, very knowledgeable forum member (anyone in the 'General Hardware' section knows him), and the general low quality of INWIN PSU.

Only their 'Commander' series has any sort of quality to them (if I remember correctly).

But for HTPC use, it may do alright. (PM Danny Bui for some confirmation on this).

It can, but... INWIN!?

I had an INWIN, in my HP slimline with a 9800gt (low profile), but...

I blame it for a:
motherboard death
GPU fan being borked.

Under load, I'd daresay INWIN PSU get some serious fluxuations. The 9600gt is as far as I'd dare push it (due to my experiences, recommendations from another, very knowledgeable forum member (anyone in the 'General Hardware' section knows him), and the general low quality of INWIN PSU.

Only their 'Commander' series has any sort of quality to them (if I remember correctly).

But for HTPC use, it may do alright. (PM Danny Bui for some confirmation on this).

It's what came with the case. :p

Haven't found another PSU to replace it with that looks any better. :(

Back