Launch Special - Saitek Eclipse Backlit Key/Board - $34.99 ea. + $5 s&h @ woot

calibos said:
Are you saying that your keyboard backlight is exactly the same shade of blue as the numlock/capslock etc LEDS.....in the flesh.

My point is that in the flesh my keys are an aquamarine shade of blue while my numlock ets is electric blue. In the pic I posted however they look the same shade.

Hey aqua marine is a lovely shade of blue, I just had hoped that my keyboard would look the same in the flesh as it did in everyones (and mine as it turns out) pics and match the rest of my PC and mousemat LEDS.

Don't get me wrong I can live with it and my persistance in discussing the issue now is not dis-satisfaction with my keyboard but curiosity about whether in fact everyones keyboards are aquamarine and you lot are just colourblind!! :D :D

Can you guys take this test so we can confirm. I'd be very interested to hear the results

Colour Blindness test
u bastard. its 4 am and i had my headphones on and loud

calibos said:
Are you saying that your keyboard backlight is exactly the same shade of blue as the numlock/capslock etc LEDS.....in the flesh.

My point is that in the flesh my keys are an aquamarine shade of blue while my numlock ets is electric blue. In the pic I posted however they look the same shade.

Hey aqua marine is a lovely shade of blue, I just had hoped that my keyboard would look the same in the flesh as it did in everyones (and mine as it turns out) pics and match the rest of my PC and mousemat LEDS.

Don't get me wrong I can live with it and my persistance in discussing the issue now is not dis-satisfaction with my keyboard but curiosity about whether in fact everyones keyboards are aquamarine and you lot are just colourblind!! :D :D

Can you guys take this test so we can confirm. I'd be very interested to hear the results

Colour Blindness test

That's just great, I got shit all over me now..... :)

LMFAO!! :D :D

I got caught myself too and I thought it only fair that I share the experience with others. I'm usually wise to these things but straight after I posted here I visited a totally unrelated forum and the first post was about a colourblindness test. No one in the thread gave the game away and I thought to myself what a coincidence, I was just posting about colourblindness. maybe its me, so I took the test. I got them all right till the last one where I couldn't see any number. I was like WTF, maybe I am a bit colourblind. I couldn't see any discernable number and just guessed. WHAMMO. Holy ****, luckily the head phones were plugged in disabling the speakers but I wasn't wearing them at the time. Still scared the bejaysus out of me though! :D :D

Ditto on the THANKS!

I ordered one, applying for and getting amazon visa while doing it. They give an instant $30 off when you're approved. One sweet KB = $9.99 no tax, free S&H! :D

KamikazeSloth said:
Just orderd mine too, can't wait until next week sometime.

Mine had a delivery date of next Thursday, but it shipped from Dallas this afternoon... If it takes more than a week to get to Houston I'll be very shocked! :mad:

mutazx said:
Mine had a delivery date of next Thursday, but it shipped from Dallas this afternoon... If it takes more than a week to get to Houston I'll be very shocked! :mad:

lol, no kidding! I ordered mine yesterday and it shipped late last night but it has a delivery date of May 5th. What the heck? Are they delivering by skateboard? :) I seriously doubt it will take that long.

They're estimating delivery of May 5 - May 9, hopefully it'll ship tomorrow. From what I can tell, they just take their sweet time packaging it and then actually ship it a few days later. I hope they actually get around to shipping sometime soon, I guess that's what is so super saver about their shipping, you save them money by not making them hurry to ship.

Just shipped, the UPS tracking # they give isn't working on the UPS page, I tried a few combinations but its not working. Any ideas?

KamikazeSloth said:
Just shipped, the UPS tracking # they give isn't working on the UPS page, I tried a few combinations but its not working. Any ideas?

I got the same deal. I'm thinking it's not in the UPS system yet. Give it until AM tomorrow.

It's in the system now, but its not even showing the same info as the Amazon "tracker" as of right now, my package is supposedly in Jacksonville says Amazon, UPS says its only left Dallas, I'm not really sure who to listen to....We'll see I guess.

KamikazeSloth said:
It's in the system now, but its not even showing the same info as the Amazon "tracker" as of right now, my package is supposedly in Jacksonville says Amazon, UPS says its only left Dallas, I'm not really sure who to listen to....We'll see I guess.

Mine is in Houston already... Let 'em hold it to next week and i'll bust some balls :D

EDIT : 7:19 A.M. - HOUSTON, TX, US - OUT FOR DELIVERY - Wh00T!

I bet that's what they'll do, that's what super saver seems to be, it looks like they truck it over instead of flying it around, takes less time and money for them. I hate to use it, but free is free.

it took them ALL day to get around to my house, but it finally got here a few minutes ago... NICE (and thats from someone who prefers natural KB's...)

just got mine orderd on amazon
39.99 + no tax + free shipping = :D

thanks for the heads up

Jovian said:
Looks like newegg got these in stock $35.00 +shipping. $6.99 shipping for me.

http://www2.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16823175102

i think that is actually a different KB.

http://www2.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16823175102
http://www2.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16823175103

if you look closely you will see the model number is PZ18AU instead of PZ30AU. but since newegg labels them both as "eclipse" i guess the only real difference is color. it's just i never seen a silver eclipse before.

excellent buy. :cool:

I got mine off amazon for $39.99 free shipping. Ordered it Monday & got it Wednesday.
Thats pretty good for free shipping. ;)

Please note that the "Executive" is not like the eclipse. It does not have the laser etched keys where you can read the letters in the dark. It is essentially the Gamer keyboard without the number pad thing. Definitely not as cool as the eclipse, if that's what you're going for.

Just got mine earlier today, its frickin' sweet. Gotta love the little blue lights, nice feel too, and it shipped alot faster than I expected, thankfully.

I've wanted an illuminated keyboard for a while, but I didn't like the others (they either were laptop-styled or had a tiny backspace key). However, the Saitek Eclipse fits my needs perfectly.

Full sized 'normal' layout, illumination, good feeling keys, full-sized backspace key, no unecessary extra buttons, USB interface, and for lesser price than many other illuminated keyboards? Definately the best keyboard I've used to date.

I haven't tried it out in games, but I think it will do just fine. I bet it will be a big upgrade from my previous no-name keyboard that can't handle more than two simultaneous keypresses.

My only complaints are minor: the keys are unevenly lit (probably because the smaller etching on the non-alphabet keys are smaller and thus are less lit-up). Also, the included wrist pad is a bit on the short side and isn't shaped well; I don't like how the ends of the 'pad' bulge out leaving the middle recessed.

Booby McNipples said:
I got mine yesterday. I love my new keyboard. I caress it. I kiss it. I fondle it. I make sweet love to it.

lol. better wrap it with one of those keyboard protectors. :p

i think i wuld rather have an a less "el naturalleo" feel than to deal with the... consequences...

carpal fingeretto syndrome? it's not that bad...tho the chics steer clear when they see my blue glowing finger tips... :p

where can i find this keyboard without getting jacked??

newegg and amazon are out already

I'm also waiting for a good deal on this keyboard, <$40. I bought another backlit keyboard which looks great and the backlight is bright, but I can't stand the feel of the keys. That's what I get for spending $15. :eek:

jcopin said:
where can i find this keyboard without getting jacked??

newegg and amazon are out already

dude.. your signature is WAAAAAYYYY too long. I think it's supposed to be 10 lines max. Just fyi. ;)

Back