Layout I'm considering....(want some feedback)

LunchboX3904

[H]ard|Gawd
templatedraft7pm.jpg

not sure if i should keep a photo for a backround. i would plan on incorporating flash into this as well.

quick little update. changed some fonts around and fixed the title to what it's actually going to be.

templateportfolio2ke.jpg

Looks nice but then again I'm not a professional at this sort of thing (though I'm learning). Just curious though, how are actual load times for that page right now considering you're using a photo like that as your background?

it's just a jpeg at the moment cause i'm still playing with ideas. If i'm careful, they shouldn't be too bad.

i actually like the first one more, seems a little brighter / more cheerful, I also prefer that text to sit on the horizon, helps to connect the design with the photo and anchor the text

I like it, but would the rest of your site have a different background?

the contrast of the image seems like it would clash with the display of a portfolio

What if I'm running my 17" monitor at 1600x1200 so I get nice smooth fonts? Then I'll get little tiny unreadable text when I get to your site. This is why links should be text, not images. You haven't shown source HTML, so I can't tell if you're using accessibility features, but they should be taken into consideration earlier rather than later.

That actually looks pretty nice. I aswell think the first one looks a tad bit better. If you are using this as a personal reference/portofolio page to send to friends, or to show off to a college I think this could work out well for you. But if this is a professional site I think it is a bit to personal minded. Really nice look though. The load time on the page shouldn't be that bad either.

The first one definitely looks better when it comes to the navigation bar. The font just fits better IMO. But very nice background! Did you take that? If so, may I ask what camera you used?

Yes i did take it and I used my family's canon powershot A85. It's a great little camera for cheap. That backround was manipulated quite a bit, but the original is pretty cool

I've got an update as well. For a project i have to do at school, I'm making a website, logo, and business card for the same "cause". for now, the "cause" is my personal portfolio. today, i learned how to make animated buttons :D

http://media.putfile.com/portfolio1 (select 800 for the size)

i like how it's going so far. The guy i'm working with is gonna teach me how to do content properly next. :)

I like the latest version the best. I'm glad that you got rid of the 'k' in 'Project'. It bugs be when words are spelled weird like that. Keep up the good work!

Back