LCD isn't detected

Hawk

Gawd
My firend's Philips 190S7FB is not being detected by the computer. I tried it on his laptop but the problem was the same. It is connected to a 7600GT AGP via a DVI-I adapter since it's VGA. Though on the laptop, VGA was already there.

The screen was saying.

LCD said:
No Video Input

Now this happened after I opened up the computer. It was on a hard wood floor and I touched the metal side, etc. But it didn't work (It was working before since I had just shut it down) when I plugged in all the cords in again. Yes I did plug in all the cords into the right slots and did try the VGA cord into both slots in the video card.

Now my question is why is this happening? And/or if anyone knows how to fix this problem. I am going to give him a spare VGA cable tomorrow to see if that fixs the problem. Help would be very much appreciated.

Cheers,

Well I tried my VGA cord and adapter from my LCD which I know work.

Is the port into the screen messed up?

Just the really weird thing is that I didn't disconect the cord from before when going into the computer since the cable was so tightly in I needed the help of a pen and a spoon to unscrew it.

So new screen will be needed? What good 1650x1080 widescreen would be worth getting? Nothing very expensive but nice.

Back