lcds with functioning 1:1 mapping

DimFilter

Limp Gawd
It seems like all the lcds at BB and Circuit City have whacky 1:1 pixel mapping. Some seem to do 4:3 okay and then end up with overscan on 16:9 input coming from an xbox or ps3. Are there any good gaming 24'' LCDs that do accurate mapping? in the retail stores?
Like the Benq does?

Otherwise I'm going to give up and wait a couple mos and hope for something better comes along.

The monitors I've looked at in retail stores all look relatively crappy. I'm currently on the V2400W and I'm very impressed. However, I'm still uncertain as to whether this is the panel for me. I can say that this is the best quality TN panel I've seen. Much better than any of those I've seen in the retail channel.

This monitor came with zero dead pixels and almost no noticable backlight bleed. I'm not going to say it has no backlight bleed, but if it does.. it must be very uniform because I honestly can't tell.

If you're looking for a monitor in the $400 price range, I'd buy the G2400WD or V2400W from either Benq online store or another online retailer with a good return policy (not Newegg). Benq store's return policy is great and I shouldn't have any problems if I decide to send this back (not that I will).

Edit: The Benq G2400WD/V2400W definitely lack in inputs compared to the FHD2400, so if this is any concern please keep it in mind. Honestly, I don't think anyone needs all those inputs on a monitor unless you're living in a one room dorm and don't have the space. For me, 2 digital inputs is exactly what I was looking for.

I think the HP w2408 works, but it might be more expensive than the BenQ a bit, I can't remember. The HP one has a glossy screen, though.

I love the stand on the HP w2408h, and the glossy screen gives the "effect" of better color/picture but I did notice some backlight bleed whereas I haven't with the Benq.

cross post... good monitor, i believe:

Okay, my final purchase, I think, is an LG Flatron 246WP-BN. 24 inches, 1920x1200 (but I can play games at 1680x1050 at 1:1 pixel mapping and it looks great and is not too small at all), P-MVA, no noticeable input lag (it's on average 22 ms I believe), 8 ms, scales everything I need accurately (has 1:1 pixel mapping). Great viewing angles, but not super perfect, it seems, but it's really much better than TN viewing anlges in my opinion and I don't think I will be annoyed with viewing angles anymore. No banding on gradients, I think, unless on gradients where there is supposed to be banding. HDMI, VGA, Component. Rotates 90 degrees, height adjustable stand, tilts, and swivels like a "lazy susan."

Back