LCD's

Well Its that time of the year where I want to change around my room, and I just realized my Trinitron 17" flatscreen is TOO heavy and bulky since my new computer table is tempered glass. Im looking into 17" flatpanel monitors. What would be some good LCD's (company and make, one or the other or both plz) and something within the $300-400 range? I do game i dont expect the best refresh rates but i want something decent. Ideas?
EDIT: The reason im asking the [H] members is because im pretty much a newbie when it comes to monitors

Originally posted by quiksilverx181
"Its not the thought that matters, It is the thoughts that occur about that thought that make the difference"

We are all thinking about thinking about it. :D
Sorry couldn't help it.

Seriously though, I'd read through this forum a bit. For all 17" models I find I would then look up the specs at the manufaturers web site and find comments and reviews. If I could I'd recommend you a 17" LCD but I've not done any research on 17s only 19" and greater.

If you're looking for cheap but good quality, try out www.neovo.com.

thanks for the link, also i have some concerns about gaming, whats a spec to look for if i want a good refresh rate on a lcd? Im not sure what its called

whats a good place to buy LCD monitors? I looked at the Hyundai Q17 and its not sold on Newegg.com but it is a great monitor from reviewes i read. Its also not on zipzoomfly. Help?

For gaming you're looking for a quick pixel response time. For example the Samsung 191T has 25ms pixel response. This equates to 40hz, or at most 40 frames/second. Latest generation LCDs have pixel responses as low as 10-12ms. For example the Dell 2001FP (which I just purchased) has a 16ms response - equating to 62.5hz or 62.5 frames/sec. More on this can probably be found in the FAQ posted at the top of this forum.

As for place to purchase try locating a dealer through www.pricegrabber.com.

ok will try it. Is pricegrabber pretty reliable and with reasonable prices?
EDIT: Pricegrabber doesnt have my monitor anyways.. (the hyundai q17) Any idea where i can find it? IT seems pretty rarre but got great reviews

Reason im stuck on q17 is because i dunno which other monitors measure up to this one in price and performance (380 bux)

Back