Leadcomp?

WhiteGuardian

Limp Gawd
I just stumbled upon this website.

Leadcomp.com

They have like the exact configs as AVADirect, are they the same company or different? Cause basically all their stuff is about like $50 cheaper than AVA, but they look exactly the same. Anyone know what's up?

Since both AVA Direct and Leadcomp.com have the same zip code, I'm guessing that leadcomp.com is another branch of AVA's business (or vice-versa). I think Misha once mentioned something like that, but my memory could be wrong.

I instant messaged Leadcomp and asked about the difference in Avadirect & Leadcomp. They basically said its a different assembly team same support team. They made it seem like AVAdirect will do more (professional wiring/cabling , updated BIOS).

Two configs exactly same two different prices:

Leadcomp Price

Avadirect Price

I asked if they would match price but they said Avadirect does more during assembly hence the slightly higher price.

For a $21 price gap, I would just order AVA. Seems kinda wierd that the gap is so small... why even bother setting up a separate company?

wow...thanks for the info

this came as quite the surprise to me, especially with Misha around [H] so often...good business plan if you ask me. if leadtech is cheaper than AVA they must be able to put together a machine for nearly (or exactly) the same price as building it yourself.

maybe the pricing gaps are different depending on what you build??

wow...thanks for the info

this came as quite the surprise to me, especially with Misha around [H] so often...good business plan if you ask me. if leadtech is cheaper than AVA they must be able to put together a machine for nearly (or exactly) the same price as building it yourself.

maybe the pricing gaps are different depending on what you build??

I tried several times and it just seems the processors/mobo/video cards are like maybe 10-30$ cheaper at leadcomp than AVA, the other configurations are pretty much the same.

if so then AVA seems to be the obvious choice...it almost sounds like they don't do the burn in AVA does...plus better cable management...how could you go wrong?

Maybe they planned or are planning on doing something down the line to further differentiate themselves?

Back