Leadtek 6800 GT OC

Matrix187

Limp Gawd
I overclocked my 1-2 month old Leadtek 6800 GT to 400/1100. My question is, Do the leadtek ultra/gt have the same heatsink/hsf? So overclocking my GT to ultra speeds is perfectly safe, technically? Idle at about 52-53C

My main question is, do the leadtek 6800 gt and the leadtek 6800 ultra have the same heatsink/hsf? I believe im perfectly safe over all with idle temps of 53°C, at 400/1100.

the 6800ultra OC heatsink is a bit bigger. only by about 70 grams i think. the ultra's heatsink works only a little better. but temps wise you are pretty safe. safer than i am at 60C idle and 80C load.

Actually, the Leadtek GeForce 6800 Ultra and GT share the same heatsink.

TheGamerZ said:
Actually, the Leadtek GeForce 6800 Ultra and GT share the same heatsink.

really? thats new to me. i always thought the ultra HSF was a little bigger. learn something new everyday i guess. :D

Even so, I'm going to remove the stock fan and mount a 80mm case fan to it. The stock solution might be quieter, but its very low rpm and the temps aren't any differen't from any other GT.

Well, that makes me feel better having the same heatsink as the ultra, so theres really no point of NOT overclocking unless you are unlucky on the card you recieve. BTW are artifacts usually white/odd colored spots on the screen that you can notice easily? I have never seen anything abnormal, im just curious.

yea. artifacting can be that. thats the usual sign of overheating because of overclocking. white dots and/or multicolored dots that spam all over your screen. its like gay ants fighting and whoever wins you lose ;)

BTW, on 66.70/66.31 drivers I get wierd and crappy shadows in the backround on 3dmark05 on the battle of proxycon/the ship thing, ill take a SS. I know its not overheating, my GPU temp in COD getting 700-800 fps for 10-15 minutes on chateau maxes out at around 70-75.

That's a driver issue, not an overclock issue.

And yes, white (or any other color) dots on your screen is a sign of an unstable overclock. We call that "snow" on the screen. Sometimes you can even get entire missing polygons or textures... we call that "what the fuck?" :D

Thanks for clarifying that, as you can tell im cautious. Also in Call of Duty I see 2 little orange spots on a tank on mp_railyard at bombsite B, im guessing that was a driver issue as well.. I want official nvidia new release drivers...

Back