Leadtek 6800 GT

Matrix187

Limp Gawd
I do own one, and I believe it has a 1 year warranty, can anyone confirm that for me? Also, I am planning on buying a vantec spectrum fan card, to put right below my card. I would take off the plastic cover that covers the copper heatsink so it would fully expose the heatsink, allowing more airflow. The current fan on the leadtek seems to lack power/speed. Should I expect lower full temp loads after doing this?

There's a 1 year warranty, yes.

Although... the stock fan cools amazingly well. It's meant for quiet operation, but my card still idles at 47 C. I don't know how much of a difference you'd see with a fancard.

my BFG 6800gt (the blue one with whipy cooler) Idles at 54C even when OCed past an ultra. so Id say you are fine. Why dump more noise in your case when you dont have to?

Yea, my card idles at about 51-52 at ultra speeds, which is good. But im thinking, the leadtek full copper heatsink is massive, and has a lot of surface area. If you put a powerful vantec below the leadtek, and removed the plastic cover on the leadtek your load temps should drop by 5°C or more.

If that much of a difference is worth the extra noise, then by all means, go for it.

I wouldn't give up my silence for a few degrees personally.

I did not take off the plastic cover, but I did take off the dust screen, and put a vantec on the lowest setting below it. My load temps dropped by about 9-10 celsius, and my idle is at about 46 now, at ultra speeds. Much better airflow around my vid card.

So the stock fan is still on it? Take off the plastic and try it... you've got my curiosity now. if just removing the grill and adding nearby airflow decreases load by 10c.... what could it do w/o the plastic being in the way... hehe

I think you have to take the heatsink fully off to take the plastic cover off =( I saw someone else on here that did it, forgot who. Also, after doing like a 20 minute HDR demo I get about 8 celsius less, instead of 10, which is still pretty good. I image if you take off the plastic cover your temps would own with the vantec below it.

Thats pretty impressive for a slot cooler fan. How is your airflow in the case itself?

I use a Coolermaster praetorian, /w 4 case fans: 1 on the front, 1 on the side, one on the top sucking out, and one on the back sucking out. My PSU is a 480W Thermltake with two fans, And I have a vantec below the card. Its not the quietest machine, but you cant even tell with headphones on when playing a game.

Back