Leadtek 6800GT AGP 256MB $309 Shipped

If I did not also have a 6800NU this would be tempting. It says it comes with 4 games but I could only make out 2 (Prince of Persia and Splinter Cell) I wonder what the other 2 are?

PRIME1 said:
If I did not also have a 6800NU this would be tempting. It says it comes with 4 games but I could only make out 2 (Prince of Persia and Splinter Cell) I wonder what the other 2 are?

At that price, who cares?

cd's listed (from what i can tell, going from top of pic to bottom, or bottom of pile going to top of pile):
- driver cd
- splinter cell
- prince of persia, cd1
- prince of persia, cd2

the last two cd's both have "prince of persia: the sands of time" with the same font type. plus, the second cd (the top of the pile) clearly shows "CD2" in the image.

:mad: I just bought a used BFG for $300. That Leadtek is a damn good price!

Does this model have the 16 pipes? Doesn't say on NewEgg's site and Leadtek has several models and it gets a little confusing?

ChuckDees said:
Does this model have the 16 pipes? Doesn't say on NewEgg's site and Leadtek has several models and it gets a little confusing?

im pretty sure all GTs have 16 pipes

All details given on the newegg page are for a GT - core speed, GDDR3 @1000, pictures etc.

The link to the A400 series page isn't an issue, it is just an overview of the 6800 series of cards made by Leadtek.

Wow...this is intruiging. I was waiting for ATI 800 XT to come down in price but for AGP this looks like a sweet deal indeed.

The question is, as a HL 2 player and EQ2'er, am I ready to go Nvidia? Is this that huge of a step up from my 128 mb Radeon 9800 pro?

Do we see this deal being long lasting?.....

Decisions decisions....even the word deCIDE has death in it....

I'd think about it, but I don't think there's any way it would fit in my shuttle. That HSF is huge :(

Blakestr said:
Wow...this is intruiging. I was waiting for ATI 800 XT to come down in price but for AGP this looks like a sweet deal indeed.

The question is, as a HL 2 player and EQ2'er, am I ready to go Nvidia? Is this that huge of a step up from my 128 mb Radeon 9800 pro?

Do we see this deal being long lasting?.....

Decisions decisions....even the word deCIDE has death in it....

I ran HL2 on a 6800NU @ 1280x1024...so I'm sure the GT will run it just fine.

Blakestr said:

Don't know what you consider "huge".
Your framerates will easily double.

I own both cards you speak of actually.
I run WoW @ 1280x1024 No FSAA/AF with the 9800pro
I run WoW @ 1600x1200 4xFSAA/8xAF with the 6800GT

The 9800 drops a frame here and there, but is generally very smooth.
The 6800GT is buttery smooth, no dropped frames. At above resolutions.

v3rt1g0 said:
Don't know what you consider "huge".
Your framerates will easily double.

I own both cards you speak of actually.
I run WoW @ 1280x1024 No FSAA/AF with the 9800pro
I run WoW @ 1600x1200 4xFSAA/8xAF with the 6800GT

The 9800 drops a frame here and there, but is generally very smooth.
The 6800GT is buttery smooth, no dropped frames. At above resolutions.

STOP TEMPTING ME :) I should be saving my money for more mature things.

I have heard that the 6800, GT especially, runs into problems with EQ 2. The EQ forums are full of players with that card having problems...

I hope this deal dies before I get paid next week. I really shouldn't get this, but I will if its still around. :D

Thanks diablo111 for the link. Been looking at gettting a 6800GT for a while and after reading goood things about Leadtek and this excellent price I just had to get it.

Damn great deal, THANK YOU for posting that one. I just ordered a gig of Cosair ram and a 16x DVD burner a few days ago from newegg.com then I see this post and I JUST HAVE TO! Most of my tax return is now NewEgg's money :) Well, now I have a Intel 2.8GHz Canterwood with HT, the Intel performance motherboard and a ATi Radeon 9800 XT for sale...

I got a 6800 GT I play EQ2 atleast 2 hours a day and has not crash not even once. I run it at 1280 by 1024 with 4x/8x... In balance mode. So i havent had any issues playing Eq 2 with my 6800 GT.

If you mean the Prolink, the HSF is stock. The Leadteck, that is a lot of copper goodness that is being included!!!

even at 340 thats a damn good deal. I have that card, bought it early last summer at $430 including shipping and it was the best deal I could find anywhere, from a website that has been down for months :eek: the copper cooler is really well worth it if you dont want to mess with adding a silencer, keeps it quite cool and the fan is quiet, even with ultra bios and overclocked beyond, I have never gotten this thing above 73c running rthdribl at 1600x1024 for an hour (any higher res and it would crash saying there isnt enough video memory!!) All in all a fantastic price, try to game 1600x1200 at everything, so far only nfsu2 has been taxing enough to bring me down to 1280x1024.

Back