Leadtek Readies Image and Video Processing Card Based on Toshiba’s SpursEngine

Toytown

Gawd
http://www.xbitlabs.com/news/multim...sing_Card_Based_on_Toshiba_s_SpursEngine.html

Leadtek Research, a leading supplier of graphics cards as well as other multimedia add-ons, has demonstrated its WinFast PxVC1100 image and video processing board that is based on Toshiba’s SpursEngine SE1000 processor. The card is designed to speed up video editing and improve quality of video playback.

Ive seen some brief demos with SpursEngine being used on some SD TV/DVD MPEG2 sources and its definetely the best kind of upscaling ive seen and better than anything ive been able to create with FFDShow/Avisynth filters, so depending on the price this could be a good addition to peoples HTPC's

Isn't that what Toshiba is calling a Cell processor (like in the PS3)? Or am I getting that confused with something else....

Anyways, Leadtek's tuner cards are pretty crappy due to drivers but I hope this product doesn't get crippled the same way their tuners are.

Isn't that what Toshiba is calling a Cell processor (like in the PS3)? Or am I getting that confused with something else...

Yep its a cell processor, i think its 4 SPE's from the cell instead of the whole 7 or 8 (cant remember), i seen a few demos at a show a few months ago, running on some 50" inch displays and the difference was night and day, of course not as good as a full HD signal but the best effort ive ever seen in upcoverting.

If i remember correctly it could also change the framerate to the refresh rate of the output display, by creating inbetween frames, rather than simply doubling them. It looked really good, like having the framerate of live action sports but for movies....although to be honest this could have been another company showing off something, as there was a lot of stuff there.

Back