Leaked Nehalem Roadmap?

HardOCP News

[H] News
For those of you that like this kind of stuff, Expreview has what they claim is a leaked Intel roadmap showing the company’s plans for Nehalem processor through Q2 2009. The roadmap (image) is small, blurry and has a big logo all over it but you can still make out the details.

At first we think Nehalem will only available in uber high end when it meet the launch date, but according to the new roadmap, Intel has already prepared three Bloomfield with different clock for different class of users. Till now other spec still TBD and we will wait for Intel’s notice.

Hi!

On other sites, I read that the Bloomfields built-in memory controllers are only for DDR3-1066 and 1333, so if I will buy 1600MHz memory (X58 will support it, and it makes sense with 1600FSB), I may end up with a slower system than buying DDR3-1333?

I know the "only time will tell" part of the answer. :p

Very OFF and even more noob question:
Why is that gigabit network cards get only 30-45MB/s and not around 125MB/s? (1000/8 and 10x more than with 100Mbit)?

Can't wait for the GTX 260 and 280 reviews!

bloomfield1st7.png

Interesting that they don't expect nehalem to be even upper mainstream until mid 2009.

What chipset should I get for nahalem? is it out yet or will Nahalem be a different lga?

What chipset should I get for nahalem? is it out yet or will Nahalem be a different lga?

Nehalem is completely different. It's not out yet, and it most likely won't be affordable/worthwhile until well into 2009. It will be a different socket, so current motherboards will not be compatible with it.

Nehalem is completely different. It's not out yet, and it most likely won't be affordable/worthwhile until well into 2009. It will be a different socket, so current motherboards will not be compatible with it.

So basically, if you planned on upgrading and making use of the current socket, say F it and pull the trigger before Nehalem?

I see a 3.0 GHz Q9650 listed for the 3rd Quarter, yet you can't really find the 2.8 GHz Q9550 yet, only the 2.66 GHz Q9450 seems to be available.

So basically, if you planned on upgrading and making use of the current socket, say F it and pull the trigger before Nehalem?

Yes. Buy now.

Two caveats:
1) If you were looking at an upgrade in the very near future anyway.
2) If you aren't going to be willing to drop the major change on "Extreme" (read: Extreme in price) parts in 1Q 2009.

What in the world is a Q8200? Why confuse people when 8000 series have dual-cores and 9000 series have quads

I see a 3.0 GHz Q9650 listed for the 3rd Quarter, yet you can't really find the 2.8 GHz Q9550 yet, only the 2.66 GHz Q9450 seems to be available.

I thought that the Q9550 was already out, it was released when the Q9450 was released from my understanding. The Intel homepage has had it listed on their site since around the Q9450 launch. Intel list of vendors for Q9550. Most are out of stock, but one has them in stock but for $672 before shipping and such.

Hmmm, does anyone have a snapshot of the roadmap... the link now takes me to the "Expreview.com - Extra Hardware News Report!" but when I click on the roadmap nothing happens. All the other links on their page work though.

Hmmm, does anyone have a snapshot of the roadmap... the link now takes me to the "Expreview.com - Extra Hardware News Report!" but when I click on the roadmap nothing happens. All the other links on their page work though.

there's one posted in this thread.

It hadn't loaded for some reason while I was skimming through. Didn't see it load until after I had posted that. Also, I found this...

Demnach kommen Prozessoren der Q8000-Serie, die in 45 nm gefertigt werden, mit einem verhältnismäßig hohen Frontsidebus von 333 MHz (1333 quadpumped) daher, dementsprechend niedrig wird der Multiplikator ausfallen - ein Übertaktungs-Wunder wird die neue CPU also nicht werden. Um den geringeren Preis, der unter den Prozessoren der Q9000-Serie liegen wird, zu begründen, wird Intel den L2-Cache dieser neuen Quad-Core-CPU noch einmal kürzen: Mit lediglich 2x 2 MiB L2-Cache könnte sich dieser zu einer echten Engstelle für Applikationen, die Vierkernprozessoren ausnutzen, erweisen.

Nicht als Core 2, sondern als Pentium Dual-Core wird Intel Prozessoren der E5xxx-Serie auf den Markt bringen. Wie bereits bei der E2xxx-Serie ist der Name jedoch der größte Unterschied zwischen den Prozessoren, basieren sie doch alle auf derselben Architektur. Mit 2 MiB L2-Cache, einem FSB in Höhe von 200 MHz (800 quadpumped) und ihrem geringen Preis können die in 45 nm gefertigten CPUs eine Ablöse sowohl der E2000- als auch der E4000-Serie sein. Mit ersten Prozessoren der neuen Serie ist ab dem 3. Quartal dieses Jahres zu rechnen.

Now if someone can translate it better than my co-worker I would appreciate it, but what I got out of it was that the Q8xxx series is pretty much a quad core version of a E4xxx series on a (333mhz quad pumped) 1333mhz FSB with a low multiplier and only 2 x 2mb of cache. Also Intel is bringing out a E5xxx series with a (200mhz quadpumped) 800mhz FSBthat should be replacing the E2xxx and E4xxx series of chips in a 45nm fab.

Is the triple channel memory going to be available on anything but the XEs? I definitely do not want to spend $1k+ on a CPU. If I could get triple channel on a $500-$600 CPU, I won't be happy, but I'd be willing to pay that.

Back