Left 4 Dead 2 -- 29.99 PC -- 39.99 360 Dell.com

^^^ Should be able to; seems like every Valve physical disc copy activates in Steam.

I wish *all* games were like this, not just Valve's. I like the Steam integration, but I prefer having a physical copy of a game (if it's possible; ie not a download only title).

I'm tempted, but I already have enough of a mountain of games to play through - and I can't put down Borderlands anyway. :)

Wish the deal was on steam. :(

I'm not buying much outside of steam.

Valve games all activate and associate with your Steam account. Basically, you should jump on this deal if you can handle the wait.

Damn just got a email from Dell saying that my order has been delayed.
New estimated shipping date: 12/15/2009
ugghhh

A bunch must have jumped on this. December 17th is the delivery date for me. Oh well I can wait for getting it so cheap. Thanks OP.

Damn just got a email from Dell saying that my order has been delayed.
New estimated shipping date: 12/15/2009
ugghhh

Dell does this every November. You will not see what you ordered until after new years, probably closer to Valentines Day. This is a scam and they are collecting interest on your money.

Dell does this every November. You will not see what you ordered until after new years, probably closer to Valentines Day. This is a scam and they are collecting interest on your money.

You do realize that
1) They don't charge your CC until they ship
2) Interest on money is pretty much non-existent now

No, they are merely locking in sales at a price they expect to sell the item at when they do ship it.

Mine says it shipped. That's about 10 days before the estimated 12/3/2009 date they gave.

I got the delay this morning. Time to wait until 12/15 for my copy.

Go gamer has it for 34.90 right now so something to think about for those who didn't bite on this one.

Looks like for once I got in on a deal early enough, I haven't received a delay email, however, I haven't recieved a shipped email yet either... so we'll see.

(edit) Nevermind, just logged in to my account and it says shipped, ETA 11/24 (lol?)

I just checked my order and it's on the truck to my house I ordered as soon as I posted with the free shipping so some of us should be receiving the game as of today :)

crappy dell. Your recent Dell Order has been delayed to Dec 17th... for L4D 2 and i bought it right after this thread was made...

crappy dell. Your recent Dell Order has been delayed to Dec 17th... for L4D 2 and i bought it right after this thread was made...

Me too.

What sucks is my order has changed to "In Production", which means (according to Dell) that I can't cancel it... :mad:

Me too.

What sucks is my order has changed to "In Production", which means (according to Dell) that I can't cancel it... :mad:

Yep, same crap for me. I would have ordered it from amazon just now, but no, I'm stuck with Dell and their delayed shipping with no cancel option.

Yep, same crap for me. I would have ordered it from amazon just now, but no, I'm stuck with Dell and their delayed shipping with no cancel option.

I dug into Dell's web site a little deeper, and found that if they delay your order they MUST give you the option to cancel it:

Note: If your order is delayed by Dell, you will receive notice and the option
to cancel the order in accordance with the FTC’s Mail Order Rule.

Important Things to Know:

* Once the order ships we will send you an Order Shipped email containing tracking information for your order.
* If you do not wish to wait, you may cancel your order by emailing us at [email protected] or by calling 1-877-868-3355.
* To learn more about the Estimated Delivery Date click here.

Dell better honor this - I jumped on the Amazon deal as soon as it was available for $29.99 shipped (with Amazon PRIME)

Amazon deal expired, so unless I see a similar deal, I'm going to stick it out with Dell. :( I jumped on the batman game, that will hold me until it's delivered. Thanks for doing the leg work Angus66.

Funny thing....my L4D2 package came today. Not more than 10 minutes after the delivery guy dropped it off, DELL called and said my package won't ship until 12/15/2009. Uh......Thanks Dell!

LOL

Now on sale on Steam. The Dell website wont let me log in to cancel. i tried the "I forgot my password" thing and it isn't sending me a confirmation email with password reset instructions either.

Help!

Now on sale on Steam. The Dell website wont let me log in to cancel. i tried the "I forgot my password" thing and it isn't sending me a confirmation email with password reset instructions either.

Help!

you have to call them to cancel anyway. if you have your order number they can cancel it.

Funny thing....my L4D2 package came today. Not more than 10 minutes after the delivery guy dropped it off, DELL called and said my package won't ship until 12/15/2009. Uh......Thanks Dell!

LOL

Received both of my copies from Dell today also! :D

Canceled mine. Took the Steam deal for $5 bucks more. Had to call to cancel and spoke with an Indian of course.

I did not have to call dell to cancel it. I just emailed them and it's done. Logged in next day and it said canceled.

i called to cancel bought on steam for firend and then they shipep dit 5 hours after i cancelled and claimed i didnt call
beyond pissed

i called to cancel bought on steam for firend and then they shipep dit 5 hours after i cancelled and claimed i didnt call
beyond pissed

I called dell, and it went straight to voicemail. I sent an email with my order info and canceled that way.

I did not have to call dell to cancel it. I just emailed them and it's done. Logged in next day and it said canceled.

Same here.

Emailed Dell and they replied quickly and canceled my order.

I snagged one on Amazon + Borderlands for $49.98 shipped total. :D

Last edited:
Has anyone with a 12/14 delivery estimate received it yet? Mine says it is still in-production :-(

Back