Left 4 Dead Demo PC

ferrisnox

Gawd
When is the Left 4 Dead demo (pc) going to be available? Valve sucks at hitting dates... so I would guess tommorrow around 12am?

Does anyone know for sure, I would love to play.

Its already out for the preorder folks.. I guess you're referring to the everyone release?

Demo is super fun...i have been playing non stop even tho the game is just two small levels...so much fun, so many possibilities.

I cannot even imagine how much fun the versus mode would be on the full game.

Where is the friggen demo.. its preloaded but wont let me play. Valve has always sucked with understanding dates. Public available on 11/3/2009 its friggen that day now... put it out.

demo is a LOT of fun. first thing everybody should do is grab a frying pan and start bonking zombies. soooo satisfying...

The demo is available for everyone who was smart enough not to preoerder..I just saw the demo gameplay on VE3d and boy what a ripoff..

The demo is available for everyone who was smart enough not to preoerder..I just saw the demo gameplay on VE3d and boy what a ripoff..

Valve should have just released this as a DLC...definitely not worth the full price

for those that pre-ordered and got the demo a week earlier...can you pre-order it, download/play the demo and then cancel the pre-order before the final is released?

I think the demo is not indicative of the real improvement of the game - the maps.

The SI need health buffs. I am more afraid of a horde then any of the special infected. The Charger needs to have at least half the health of the tank. The jockey is worthless. The spitter gets too close to the survivors.

The best part is if we complain enough, Valve will take action and modify. They always have and that is the great thing about Steam; frequent updates to balance gameplay.

demo is a LOT of fun. first thing everybody should do is grab a frying pan and start bonking zombies. soooo satisfying...

I agree...I spent half of my time in the demo running around with a frying pan...hahaha. I really enjoyed the demo, it has a similar feel to the first L4D but seems more refined. The new weapons and the melee weapons add a new dimension to the gameplay which the first game was lacking. I'm looking forward to the full game. :cool:

So glad i didnt preorder this, it feels exactly like l4d with melee weapons...and new skins

played a round tonight as the infected...so much fun :D

(not very entertaining screens, i was preoccupied with playing)

jockey:
c5m1_waterfront0009.jpg

charger:
c5m1_waterfront0011.jpg

c5m1_waterfront0013.jpg

spitter:
c5m1_waterfront0018.jpg

playing as the jockey and actually nabbing someone is awesome :D

probably some console commands or something. im loading it up now and praying,...

yeah, one of the players in-game told us to type this in the console:

to play as infected: "set_infected 1"
to switch back to survivors: "set_infected 0"

i'm not sure if the lobby leader needs to have a mod installed to enable it. the guy who told us to type that in the console said to go to "left for dead mods dot com" (not sure if that's l4dmods.com or left4deadmods.com).

Well I just played it one time thru. I like it, I never played L4D except for the demo for it. I will probably be getting this game when it comes out.

It runs pretty well on my system on fairly high settings.

• I felt that the gun and hand textures were lower than in L4D1.
  • The guns are better. Matchette is ovrepowered some I think. One one of my plays I went through the whole demo only using it. (on advanced).
  • New infected are really good. Brings some variety.
  • Some of the weapons seem improperly scaled. Like the Desert Eagle. It is HUGE. I should make some comparison screen shots of the DE with the AK47, UZI, G3, and others. For some reason I think the Desert Eagle would be the largest.

Other then that it feels exactly the same as the original. Not even close to being worth $50 to me.
I'll wait and get it for $25 or less, just like I did with L4D1.

Last edited:
When you pickup a melee weapon, you lose your pistol. But when you drop it's back. The new characters really do suck. Rochele, Coach and the dumb hick kid do at least, I didn't hear any dialogue from Leisure Suit Larry. Weapon models look like ass. Esp the pistol. The music is very hit or miss. Some of the tunes I'm loving, some of the others sound absolutely forced.

On the plus, the graphics look nice and the level design seems pretty good. New infected are definitely a plus. Also the endurance for melee'ing is in SP, which imo is a welcome addition.

All in all, it's not a buy by any means,

Demo was great, alot of guns!!! But definitely not immediate pick up for me. I'll wait until I find a deal.

The Fov feels different. And i think that there may be to much new stuff, its just gonna make it alot easier for the survivors. and FATTY BALD BOOMER FOR THE WIN

I like it, although I never played the original L4D. A little chaotic though. I might have to get the 4 pack with my buddies,

it was just ok, if you were really into the original you would probably like this. I myself am tired of this type of gameplay.

Wasn't impressed. I'd pay $20 for it, but for now I'm giving it a pass. Valve has shown me nothing that makes me want to say all their detractors were wrong. And I didn't really care one way or the other about the boycott or the short release time so I'm fairly neutral about it.

I must be really thick for pre-ordering. :D

I'm feelin the new shotties and the dual pistols. They feel nice and strong. I haven't found the deagle yet but that should be a very rewarding gun too shoot off.

This is what L4D should have been. The weapons, the new zombies, and from what I can tell, better looking models make the game worth it if you do the 4 pack bundle. I'm pretty excited for this to be released.

my problem with the L4D series is, that they had to be working on L4D2 when L4D came out, so with all the stuff the put into the new game could have been in the first, why didn't they just wait and release one game.

i played the demo on 360 and pc and it doesn't make me want to buy it, i will jsut play L4D if i want to kill zombies.

I found a DEAGLE early on. Pretty good...but if you are down, not the best when a horde comes.

Also, why the hell when I went down did I have a pistol to use? I threw it away when I chose my melee weapon...

Anyways, the team I played with blew. I hope to get some actually competent people to play with so I can get through the first level AT LEAST.

WHOOBAA. Just played the demo, and I am IMPRESSED. The cinematic trailer at the start probably took as long to create as the game did to develop. Just think what they could've done if they'd decided to invest that time in something other than remodelling the guns and putting in some arguably redundant melee weapons. At least they don't drain your stamina, whereas bashing with a gun does, yeah? No reason needed - let's just do it this way because we can only do so much with one finger up our noses at all times.

Back