Lenovo S10-3t

Seros

[H]ard|Gawd
I was wondering if any fellow [H]ard members own a Lenovo S10-3t?
http://www.amazon.com/Lenovo-0651-3...1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1273518969&sr=1-1

I'm probably going to take the plunge next week.. I was considering buying a new netbook (I own an older EEEPc that dying) along with possibly an iPad or Archos tablet but I figured I could probably kill two birds with one stone by buying a netveritable such as the S10-3t.

I mainly use my current netbook for teaching, load up PowerPoint on it and show videos through my projector. Hows the video playback? Would you recommend it?

Or does anyone have any other suggestions? These all seem like early models but I need a new netbook by the end of May for my summer classes.. so I have to decide soon

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Bump.

Wondering the same thing. Looking at picking up a netbook for school next semester and the tablet part really catches my eye. I cant find any B&M stores that carry them, so Im looking for some honest reviews. . .

Check out Tabletpcreview.com, a number of people over there have them. Fron what I've read the unit gets generally positive nods but that it needs a clean install of Windows Home Premium.

I was wondering if any fellow [H]ard members own a Lenovo S10-3t?
http://www.amazon.com/Lenovo-0651-3...1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1273518969&sr=1-1

I'm probably going to take the plunge next week.. I was considering buying a new netbook (I own an older EEEPc that dying) along with possibly an iPad or Archos tablet but I figured I could probably kill two birds with one stone by buying a netveritable such as the S10-3t.

I mainly use my current netbook for teaching, load up PowerPoint on it and show videos through my projector. Hows the video playback? Would you recommend it?

Or does anyone have any other suggestions? These all seem like early models but I need a new netbook by the end of May for my summer classes.. so I have to decide soon

I had one for only a day before I decided to return it. The glossy screen was just too much for me and the fingerprints were annoying to say the least. I switched it for the Asus T101MT and I like it much better. I also didn't care for the swivel on the Lenovo as I would forget which way I would swivel it and it would feel like I was going to break it trying to figure out which way to swivel it back.

If you go either Asus T101MT or S10-3T, you will need to go into MSCONFIG and disable useless stuff keeping atom running backround tasks. As well they need 2GB of RAM and Windows Upgraded to get multitouch and other touch screen features.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I've been keeping an eye on netbook tablets and, honestly, the HP tm2t is a way better bang for your buck, given that the netbook convertible tablets hover around 400-500. The HP is a ULV-processor machine so it has a full processor, you can get one even with discrete graphics, and it has better battery life. Perhaps the absolute price is a sticking point, in which case I'd consider the asus 101MT.

Thanks for the input guys. If I was going to get one, Win7 HP and as much RAM as I could shove in it would definitely be the first thing I did. I'll also make a point to check out the ASUS and HP.

The tm2 is a wonderful device. It's getting an upgrade to i3/i5 and possibly i7 ULV CPUS and possibly an option for a dedicated HD 5450 GPU. I currently have an SU9600 1.6Ghz CPU and HD 4550 512MB GPU along with 8GB of RAM and this thing sings. Of course this is a lot more money than the nettablets but it is the best overall consumer Tablet PC out there, well beyond the nettablets with both a capacitve touch screen AND Wacom pen digitizer.

The updated machines won't be out till end of June, early July, Amazon is listing the base model on its site now, its $950 but it a loaded machine, just no dedicated GPU.

Back