Lenovo wireless HTPC keyboard/mouse deal is back up! - $30 off!

I picked up one of these during the last deal and it has really worked out well.
It replaced my gyration go mouse and keyboard set, and I rarely miss the old setup.

Lack of a scroll wheel is my biggest gripe.

I wish it was illuminated. I really like it other than that. But for the price who can complain.

omfg why havent i seen this before. AWESOME!

thanks a ton, op.

no scroll wheel, no F1-12 keys make it annoying for me, but it feels ok, like a good cell phone keyboard

Hmmm, I opted for this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILXuNkqo-hU

Only bad thing about the lenovo is no recharge ability and no backlit keyboard. But my buddy bought one and loves it. It is high quality.
There's a discussion thread for that keyboard at the AVS forums, known as the Rii.

Here's a few more mini keyboards with mouse function:

- http://www.amazon.com/2-4GHZ-Wireless-Windows-Keyboard-Control/dp/B003RFVPAY

- http://cgi.ebay.com/Rii-Mini-2-4G-Wireless-Keyboard-Touch-Pad-Laser-pointer-/370421200024 <--- Rii keyboard

- http://www.pandawill.com/24ghz-wire...h-touchpad-laser-pointer-for-htpc_p35752.html <-- cheapest current price for the Rii keyboard, backlit and includes a lithium ion rechargeable battery.

- http://cgi.ebay.com/HTPC-Slim-Mini-Handheld-RF-Wireless-Keyboard-Mouse-Pad-/130412843676

- http://cgi.ebay.com/Mini-Wireless-PC-Remote-Keyboard-Touchpad-Controller-/360276840426

- http://www.dealextreme.com/products.dx/category.302 <-- a bunch here

- http://www.pandawill.com/Wholesale-keyboards-mice-input_c176 <--- more here

Edit: forgot to post this interesting mini keyboard: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=400143038456

But otherwise, personal preference notwithstanding, the Lenovo keyboard seems to be the best deal at $30 shipped.

Last edited:
As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Just ordered one.

I was kicking myself for dilly dallying last time and missed the coupon code

Cool, I'd been thinking about picking one up. Paid tax (in OH), but shipping was free!

thanks, i own one in my home for our HTPC and I will use my new one in my classroom :D

$30 is great. i bought my first one at normal price and still feel like it is worth it...

That one looks very handy, too. I like the thumbstick/finger mouse button. Its genericness, though, scares me.

BB
Most of them are generic, just that one looks more so :p

Oh yea, i almost forgot to post this keyboard, only $37.95 which is pretty inexpensive compared to the rest of them.

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
In for one! Thanks for posting this OP! It's almost exactly (no backlight) what I've been looking for!

that envermax looks to big for my living room, the idea of my HTPC setup is to have everything completely hidden.... not completely visable.

the Al looks nice, but the lenovo is so small and is just like a HTC cell phone

Just built a HTPC on Saturday and this came up at the perfect time. Thanks OP!!

Got one of these about a month ago and love it.
It replaced a BTC wireless keyboard/mouse w/joystick which was just too big for the living room...it wasn't backlit either.
I will be looking for that B&N book light though

Batteries for the Lenovo...can we say Eneloop?

hmmm sent this link to my mom. She used a macbook I gave her as a htpc for hulu and such.

ordered one because i had some money in my paypal. will use on my current system and future htpc!

I bought one on the last sale, while it works quite well (Even at the BIOS level which is nice means I don't have to plug in a USB keyboard to work on my HTPC).

The lack of a backlight makes it a pain to use at night. With such small keys it's hard to tell which one you're pressing, which isn't a problem when you have a large remote and know where the major buttons are.

Also no dedicated media center button was a disappointment, although the ctrl + alt + del button is nice.

It's not perfect, but worth $30...

I bit and now Lenovo is biting back with their UPS restrictions. I won't have anyone able to be at home for the 3 package attempts and they don't allow me to reroute it to the depot. I guess it'll be getting returned unless they answer my help request email I sent...

I bit and now Lenovo is biting back with their UPS restrictions. I won't have anyone able to be at home for the 3 package attempts and they don't allow me to reroute it to the depot. I guess it'll be getting returned unless they answer my help request email I sent...

yeah...i got the same thing here. guess ill have to pick it up at the ups hub. sigh...

lenovo order info still shows my order is "in process" too.

I'm surprised you guys had trouble with the shipment. I received it today...

UPS called a day ahead to tell me a time frame that it was going to be delivered.
Never had that happen before. Great service for me.

Mine shipped today. I haven idea what I'm gonna do with it, but new toy.... yay

I've gotten the sound of deafening silence from Lenovo on my email appeal for help to them. I guess they'll be getting it returned to them....

yeah...i got the same thing here. guess ill have to pick it up at the ups hub. sigh...

lenovo order info still shows my order is "in process" too.

I called UPS and they said they're not allowed to let me pick it up at the hub/depot. Maybe I got a goon on the phone, but they were pretty adamant that it can ONLY be delivered to my address. I guess a $30 keyboard is too valuable to have redirected to Nigeria....

I'm surprised you guys had trouble with the shipment. I received it today...

UPS called a day ahead to tell me a time frame that it was going to be delivered.
Never had that happen before. Great service for me.

The package notification tickets have a time frame checked, but I can't take a half day off of work to sit around at home for a $30 keyboard that I don't really need.

I see, that stinks.
I usually avoid that by shipping it to my job. But if you can't I can see the annoyance.

Hmmm, thats weird that you can't pick it up at a hub. When I ordered mine, I was set to be home on Wednesday, but dang UPS transfered the package some where else so I had to wait a day. Then I wasn't home got a ticket. I just called the local hub, had them hold the package and I picked it up the next day. So it went from getting it Wednesday, to actually picking it up on Friday. Oh well. Can't complain cause of the price. And I will admit that its a dang nice keyboard. It might not have backlight, but its nice and small for my HT setup. I wish you luck in getting your package.

Usually if you miss the shipment, they'll leave a "door tag" that will state the time it is available for pickup (usually around 5pm), if not that they have options of when is the best time for them to come. That's how it has worked for my house and when I was living in an apartment complex. Also theres an options on the door tag that if you sign it and leave it for the UPS man, it's like a waiver, and they can leave the package at your doorstep or wherever you tell them to (i've had UPS people leave huge packages inside my backyard).

on the side note what or who or where do I contact if some buttons fell out when I was playing with the wireless keyboard just right now

hah of course lenovo
I don't see # or e-mail to contact support
it was retarded
I grabbed the keyboard out of the box and out of the bag and keys fell off
hahha

I called UPS and they said they're not allowed to let me pick it up at the hub/depot. Maybe I got a goon on the phone, but they were pretty adamant that it can ONLY be delivered to my address. I guess a $30 keyboard is too valuable to have redirected to Nigeria....

did u try changing the delivery option on their website? all you have to do is put the tracking # or the infonotice number from the tag they leave on the door in their tracking system and then there is a button for what i believe says "delivery change request" or something similar. i already changed mine so the button is gone now, so i cant remember the specific name of it. i then selected Will-Call as the delivery option, which means picking it up at the hub. all i had to do was put my name and ph# in a couple fields. gonna be picking it up today after work! woo.

Usually if you miss the shipment, they'll leave a "door tag" that will state the time it is available for pickup (usually around 5pm), if not that they have options of when is the best time for them to come. That's how it has worked for my house and when I was living in an apartment complex. Also theres an options on the door tag that if you sign it and leave it for the UPS man, it's like a waiver, and they can leave the package at your doorstep or wherever you tell them to (i've had UPS people leave huge packages inside my backyard).

not necessarily. the delivery option for this particular package REQUIRES that someone sign for the package at the time of delivery. after the first delivery attempt, i tried signing the tag they left on my door, but they still didn't leave the package on the 2nd attempt...

all of my "normal" ups packages are always left at the door because i signed a waiver a long time ago saying they could just leave the packages on my porch without an adult signature. no go for this particular package though...

Back