Lenovo x200s - opinions?

ke0kie

n00b
I'm looking for the best mix of ultraportable laptop + performance (on windows 7). Seems like the x200s crams the most power into the lightest most durable package. It also has great battery life with the 9-cell.

Any other comparables?

I have one and like it quite a bit so a bit of bias there. Biggest feature for me was the light weight, under 3lb, and the fact that I really like the construction and layout of the keyboard over pretty much any other keyboard that I've tried out there. There's nothing really comparable for that weight but there's a lot of personal preference going on. The X200s is currently a little on the high side, being around 850 or so, depending on what coupons are available to stack on top of the cpp.

If you're willing to go a bit heavier, up to the 3.5-4lb range, there are other options that have lots of battery life and decent performance but for a lower price. Some people like the Asus UL30a, HP ProBook 5310m, and one of the Acer ones like the 1810/3810.

Thanks for the feedback, It really does seem to be the non-MAC ultra-portable power house. Add to that the biz-class reliability and sturdy design, seems like a no-brainer if you are wanting top-power in an ultraportable.

I might wait till next summer to see how the pricing gets on the x200s, I think at about $750 or so spec'd out, I'm a player.

I'm replacing a Dell 700m which got me through my BBA, and still works like a champ. I just can't grow in size/weight, its a daily carry machine that is used heavily for biz.

--Scott

anyone have a suggestion of anything that can compete with price/performance/size of the x200s in the PC world?

anyone have a suggestion of anything that can compete with price/performance/size of the x200s in the PC world?

I looked into the x series, but I decided the VAIO Z was right for me, though it cost me more than double(DOUBLE!)
For me it was between the x200s, U350(whatever it was this time last year), macbook13", or dell studio13. I say go for it!

I like the X200 series as well. I love the fact that it has a dock, something the X300 and Apples don't have. I just wish Lenovo would start putting digital video outputs on more of their laptops. I know VGA is needed for most projectors, but I'd rather have a HDMI or display port and have to carry a VGA converter dongle.

I like the X200 series as well. I love the fact that it has a dock, something the X300 and Apples don't have. I just wish Lenovo would start putting digital video outputs on more of their laptops. I know VGA is needed for most projectors, but I'd rather have a HDMI or display port and have to carry a VGA converter dongle.

True that!

I use one for work. Nice business, no frills laptop. Very sturdy... can pretty much beat it on a wall and it will still work.

Back