Lenovo X700 Gaming Desktop? Worth it? NEED HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

burned-ati

Limp Gawd
Hey guys and gals. I was looking around the web. And I came across this for sale. A guy has a used Lenovo X700. He has had it for just under a year. He is asking $500.00. My wife needs a computer something we can use in the living room. I figured, I cannot build a system this strong for this cheap. And i also liked the room for growth, it has 2, PCI-E 3.0 x16 slots. And supports all of the 2011 cpu line up. And overclocking to?! Huh. Anyways, is this a steal at $500? I'm suppose to meet him tomorrow at 4pm.

LENOVO X700 gaming desktop.
M-atx x79 motherboard sli lenovo board
i7 3820 3.6ghz CPU 43x multiplier limit, lga 2011
12gb ddr3 1600mhz cas 11 memory
AIO 120mm radiator water cooler
Nvidia GTX 660 1.5gb gpu pci-e
625watt gold psu 2x6+2 pin.
2.4ghz/5ghz wifi card installed.
120gb samsung Sata 3 SSD drive.
1tb Sata 3 7200rpm storage drive.

Everything is original, it includes a gaming mouse and gaming keyboard. It seems like a nice setup.
Is the 3820 alot slower than my 4820k?

I really like the way it looks. I want to get it just wanted you guys opinions, first. Thanks for all the help!! Here is a link where I found it on Newegg.

http://m.newegg.com/Product?itemNumber=N82E16883265536

Last edited:
I bought the PC, I got it for $400 bucks. Very surprised so far. Im going to post pics in the morning. I went and got it today instead. I just got back about a hour ago. so far ive clocked it to 4.3ghz in the bios, and bumped the gtx 660 to 1175mhz core, and 6450mhz memory. Still had the protective plastic on the case! lol very shocked. also, very quiet.

Cpu was running 31c idle give or take a few on the other cores. After running combuster for about 20 minutes it got up to 49c. But that was not a full load. So far its just at 43. I do not see any FSB control in the bios to get any further. I can only control the multiplier. And max is 4300

I hope not. The kid selling it was trying to scrape up cash to buy a $3,000 alienware laptop. Seemed like a nice guy, nice house to!

I didn't do the deal behind Walmart in Durham NC if your asking lol.

This system, with a GTX 660 pulled a 5665 in Firestrike. It is a regular 660, not a ti

I'd check the PSU which may be of questionable make if it's just a '600+w gold psu', but all in all it looks like a great buy at that price.

Last edited:
Wow, that seems like an amazing price you got! I wish deals like that would pop up in my area.

Looks like a really cool machine, methinks you got quite a big bang for the buck!

Helluva deal! Though, its not balenced very well. 3820 but only a 660?

"only"? with the consoles being the consoles a 660 is plenty for almost everything.

I've got a regular 660, even handles Star Citizen without issues. I see zero reason to upgrade in the near future.

A 660 is a lower mid range card, and the 3820 is a pretty high end CPU. So yes, "only" with a 3820. A better setup would be 670+3570K. Obviously not OPs fault, but Lenovo's.

And from what I've seen, Star Citizen isn't all that hard to run...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back