Lens for Rebel XT <$300

As the title says, I'm looking for a lens $300 or less for a rebel XT.

I shoot landscapes/skyscapes and very small things (macro?), if that aids you in where to point me.

thanks guys

Have you looked at the 18-55mm that comes with the RebelXT when you buy them in a kit/

You won't get a ton for under $300, but there's definitly options in that price range if it's all your willing to spend. Any preference on a prime lens opposed to a zoom? I'd definitly suggest looking through B&H's site if you haven't already.

Look at the Tamron 28-200

I've got one and it's a nice general lense for the money.

Alright, how about good lenses for landscapes (and less for macro stuff)? I've also raised my budget to about $400 now, if that helps at all. Any suggestions?

Thanks guys.

Your mercantile skill has increased. Congradulations. :p

How wide do you wanna go?

Look at the Sigma 15-30. It's very wide even on a cropped sensor, nice and sharp, and has good color rendition. You should be able to get one for around $300, and it's a steal at that price. It also works on film cameras (ie- full frame)

Well, I have a Canon 35mm f/2 prime. They go for $230. I have to admit that I take most my pictures with it because I am usually on foot and the subjects I am shooting are within 10m. It is a very good lens but of course it is only a prime.

I think the Canon 28-125 IS is about $400. That range is very very good for an "almost always used" lens.

50mm F/1.8 II is about $80. It's a cheaply built lens but produces nice results.

se7en1ne said:
50mm F/1.8 II is about $80. It's a cheaply built lens but produces nice results.

And if you put a extension tube under it you've got your macro

I actually like the Tamron 17-35 f/2.8. Wonderful lens for around $350...

Back