LG 43UF7700 / UF770 series . 4K

alorent

n00b
Hi,

I'm behind this one but not sure if it delivers 60hz with 4:4:4 to be used as computer monitor.

Thanks!

I asked LG and they said it does.

UF67** supports it, so UF77** should too.

EUxxBKZ.png

I want to buy 43UF77** myself, but not sure how much input lag there is or if it uses PWM, so dunno if I should take the risk or wait for a review.

Thanks for the info!

I think I saw about input lag somewhere...but cannot remember now. I will look further.

Thanks!!!

Thanks!!!

Thanks form the info.

Where can I download that manual? IT seems you put a link to the file on your own PC :)

Thanks!!!

There's also the 49UF7600, which supports 4k60 4:4:4. Explicitly confirms it in the manual, I'm wondering what kind of latency they've gotten these mega IPS panels down to.

My old S-IPS from 2008 (47LG50) had about 20ms total, so they definitely know how to do it.

Thanks for the link for the manual.

I'm thinking about purchasing this TV in the next days...hopefully I find more information on the net (though it seems too early yet for a review)

Thanks!

Lol wtf is wrong with LG. Samsung managed to get input lag down to about 20ms in game mode, although with 4:2:2 chroma but even PC mode has about 38ms input lag which is still much better than 60ms. Also no mention of PWM in that review.

That sucks. I will most likely get a Panasonic TX-43CX750E or TX-43CX740E then, since I expect them to have less input lag but I will try to wait for a review first.
They will not be in store until end of May anyway.

Last edited:
I purchased this model yesterday, 43UF7707 but not yet with GTX 960 which I'm expecting it to received it today.

I just tried with my old ATI card via HDMI 1920x1080, with 4:4:4, setting the HDMI entry to "PC" and enabling "ultra deep colour" in the LG settings. That made a big difference and the text appears clear (though it's scaled at the moment from 1080p) and the interaction with Windows 7 is totally smooth.

I will try later when the new graphic card arrives from Amazon at 4k 60hz and will report it here.

About lag, I cannot tell at the moment, the LG TV looked as responsive as with a common PC Monitor.

I just installed the GTX 960 graphic card and it looks totally crisp and smooth on 4K-60hz-4:4:4 under Windows 7.

The text and images look as clear as my Macbook pro and other monitor with Windows. I thought I would experiment some "slow response" when interacting with the computer and the content displayed on the screen (typing, mouse moving, videos, etc.) but I'm impressed that it works as smooth and responsive as any common PC Monitor.

Hope it can help anyone about any doubts with this TV to be used as PC Monitor.

Regards,

Hello alorent
I want to order the LG 43 UF7729, but i'm not sure if it's working 4:4:4 / 60Hz / 4K
Is that the same as yours ( 43UF7707 ) ?
I'm from Europe ( Germany )
My graphic card is GTX 970
How is the input lag ? What kind of games do you play ?

@greyx, have you considered going for 40UF675V instead?

It is a basic 4k model without 3D, smart and other nonsense, which you do not need when using as a monitor... But still has IPS panel, if my findings are correct..
And as you can see it's dirt cheap, since you are not paying for that additional cookies.

There is a 43" version also, but we need more info.. Don't even know to which US version does this model correspond.

I would buy the LG 40UF675V but what about the 4:4:4 chroma / 60Hz 4k ??

I would buy the LG 40UF675V but what about the 4:4:4 chroma / 60Hz 4k ??

Yeah, I know.. It's early days. Those TV's just came out and there is very little information out there.. Theoretically all the models should have the same 4:4:4 support, but ...

The one from the link would be perfect for me.
No 3D, no smart, etc

greyx, sorry I don't know about input lag for games. I use the computer for development (debuggers, text editors, applications, etc) and the response is as fast as any other PC Monitor. I have read that to measure the input lag I will requite a secondary CRT monitor, which I don't have anymore :(

I got this TV for 849 EUR. The box says :

Model: 43UF77
Gray (color): 43UF770*
Titan (color): 43UF776*

So, basically if it starts with 43UF77 it will be the same (internal) model.

I would have also liked the basic model UF675V but I didn't know that it was going to be released :( Anyway, so far I'm quite happy with the 43UF77 model for 850 EUR.

If you require any particular screenshot, let me know.

Regards

Where are you from, alorent ?
So, i'm about 99 % to order this one
LG 43 UF7729
Is the panel IPS or VA ? How do you like the colors / contrast / sharpness, etc ?
I'd like to see some printscreens from yours, with some letters, fonts, GUI ...
Do you like the size ? How far do you sit away ?
Thank you, again, alorent

Hi,

I'm from Spain. The panel is IPS. I can confirm that is 4K:60hz:4:4:4. After setting the input name to "PC" and enabling "Ultra HD Deep Colors" to ON.

Colors, sharpness, etc looks great to me. I'm not an expert in TV images, but compared with my other monitors it's almost the same. I say almost the same as the TV is big compared with my previous 24 inch monitor, and corners and the bottom of the screen are further away than in my 24 inch monitor. I guess that I need some time so I can adjust to the new size. I have just used it for one day :)

Maybe an expert guy in colors, etc. can see faults in it. Don't know, I'm not that expert :)

The colors are very bright. I just put the eco mode from "Off to minimum and later to medium" so, the colors were darker, which I felt more confortable with no so much light on my eyes. Well, I guess this depends on my taste :)

I will upload some photos in a few minutes.

Sorry, not sure how to insert an image here. It asks for a link to the image. Is that the only way? If so, where can I upload them and get the link?

Thanks!

LG 40UF675V it's only 600 euro
Weird price ?!
It doesen't have 3D, smart, etc, but as a pc monitor, i don't need those apecs at all

Back