LG Hellas...10 dead pixels...now what?

debs67

n00b
Hi!
I'm building my first PC,nothing high end,but good enough for me...Mobo P5B Deluxe,Conroe 6600,2gb Ram,X1950 pro (I'll be getting an r600 later!;) )etc. Then I decided I wanted to get a monitor...so...I've been lurking and reading and reviewing and searching and learning and thus am now confused and worried!!!
The words Dead Pixels etc. send me into a cold sweat!:eek:
I have a 17" IBM Crt, which I'm pretty happy with.
Due to budget and the space on my desk (and the colour) I'd really like the LG L204WT:D

But after learning about dead pixels, I'm now wondering if I should go for one of these two which have Zero Pixel guarantees.:confused:
LG L194WT

LG 1969TR-BF

I use my computer for games (Sims 2, RCT3,Pirates,ZT2 etc, no Oblivion or Halo type stuff!) :cool: and also for some home movie editing and of course the internet.
I called LG Hellas (I live in Greece) and the lady told me on the L204WT they would change it after 10 dead pixels!:eek: :(
SO, do I go with the one I really want and risk it, or should I go with one of the others and be safe?
Thanks for your help,
Debs

wow I though LG has 0 dead pixel policy on all of the screens? So it's only for 19" ones?

I had 1 stuck pixel on L246WP and while the store warrantee is still in effect - and did an exchange no problem, LG was ready to ship me a replacement. I guess it still depends on which store you buy from.

I had 1 stuck pixel on L246WP and while the store warrantee is still in effect - and did an exchange no problem, LG was ready to ship me a replacement. I guess it still depends on which store you buy from.

Sadly, here in Greece it's rare to find a store with a good returns policy...:mad:

Samsung Hellas say 7 dead pixels on site return.
I wasn't really looking into the Samy's but then I saw the 203B and thought it might be worth a look!
So which one...opinions PLEASE!:D

Back