LG - IPS Series 23" LED Monitor $229 Best Buy

Rugh..... so tempting.

How does this compare to the Dell U2301 e-IPS monitor?

i'm tempted on this if it can swivel 90deg... My assumption is no less anyone can read the specs better...?

Hey, tftcentral is telling me "No panels found!" when I tried doing the Model search....

Hey, tftcentral is telling me "No panels found!" when I tried doing the Model search....

You probably copy/pasted a space into the box; works for me. (why wouldn't they "chomp"?)

and from the review posted above; doesn't look like default stand will rotate; so not ideal for my use... :(

Last edited:
No vesa mount = fail

Edit: I don't me to troll or hate the deal, but it's a peeve of mine.

Last edited:
I saw this at my bestbuy the other day they were clearing them out at that price, went back and I didn't see them on the clearance table so don't know if they are moved or gone.

Funny thing is, that's probably the best price/performance monitor available from Best Buy (apart from their occasional Apple Cinemas or their new Doublesight selections).

You probably copy/pasted a space into the box; works for me. (why wouldn't they "chomp"?)

Ah yes, got it, thanks.

Kind of off-topic ... nice deal, but I decided I will opt only for 1920x1200 resolution. So this one won't work for me. Anyone know of any IPS & LED models with that resolution that aren't too expensive?

I got this thinking it would be better than my LG 246WP and boy was i wrong. The 246's MVA panel just blows this out of the water. Im taking mine back.

According to the user manual, it's VESA compatible.

That's odd. I saw it in the store the other day and the back of the monitor did not have the vesa holes. Is there some other way that it could mount?

That's odd. I saw it in the store the other day and the back of the monitor did not have the vesa holes. Is there some other way that it could mount?

Sometimes there's a cover over it or something. My Asus is like that.

I got this thinking it would be better than my LG 246WP and boy was i wrong. The 246's MVA panel just blows this out of the water. Im taking mine back.

I have the same screen and you're just not going to beat it for cheap.

dam tempting.....i just bought a 2600k though :( ...... shit ill probably pick one up this weekend if they stay in stock lol

It has the four mounting holes. Pages 29 and 30 of the user manual:

WEIRD! I must have been looking at a different model, or it was incorrectly tagged. Thanks!

Got it today....very nice monitor, it does indeed have mounts on it (and no cover over them), gotta say i'm loving the color's on it compared to my SyncMaster 2494.......i just wish it had a shut off timer like the syncmaster

Back