LG L246W

lrtrees

n00b
I am just wondering if anyone has purchased this model yet and if so, what do you think of it?
I have read the review here posted about 3, 24" monitors. It appears as thought the Dell and the BenQ monitors use a S-PVA panel while the LG uses a P-MVA panel.
I must confess that even after reading the sticky on this forum concerning the different types of panels I still don't really understand if one is any better than the other.
Anyway, if you had had a chance to see or use the new LG monitor, I would appreciate your thoughts.

Lon

Hi Lon,

The BenQ actually uses the same P-MVA panel that's in the LG, not an S-PVA (the panel is made by AU Optronics and first appeared in the BenQ). It seems you've already seen Jim's showdown on the Dell, BenQ, and LG. There's actually already been another thread here for the LG, so you can check that out for more info. There are some quirky design decisions in terms of aspect ratio control, but overall the general impressions seem to be pretty good.

I'd take the sticky thread with a grain of salt -- those descriptions are just general comparisons between the different types of panels, each specific panel always has its own strengths and weaknesses, so you shouldn't decide between S-PVA or P-MVA without considering the specific monitors. There seem to be minimal differences between the two in terms of response time and color (although the P-MVA seems to have better blacks, from what I've heard), so I think you're best off picking the monitor that has the best price/feature ratio for what you're looking for.

Back