LG or Samsung 22"

JKEEZO

Gawd
I'm going to be purchasing a 22" widescreen LCD for gaming. I can't decide between the LG L226WTX-BF and the Samsung 226BW. They are pretty much the same stats I'm just wondering if one company or the other would be better in terms of reliability. Up until now I have been purchasing Viewsonic monitors.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

I am contemplating the same thing. However I have pretty much settled on the HP w2207.

LG,both have great CS,but of those two,I'd go with LG.Best of luck to you no matter your choice ! :)

LG226WA: 1:1 pixel mapping with HDMI and component inputs. Only problem is the shortages. I've been waiting for mine for a month now.

226bw is a huge risk because you might get the inferior A or C panels which -according to my experience with the A panel- freaking suck.

Look in the LG22 and 22Sammy fourms for side by side pics... o and ive never had a prob with a Samsung product. All and all the 226 (S) has been great to me.

So i take it you're getting the LG. You do know that it doesn't come with a DVI cable, right?

It doesn't? Well that's stupid. Anyway how much do they cost 5-10$?

And does this apply only for the L226WT or L226WA doesn't have one too?

I think they both dont come with one... but there only like 5 10 bucks like you said.

hmm sammy 226 has 2 ms response and Lg has 5 ms response. the onyl difference i could techincally find,

I own both monitors LG-L226WT and Sam 226BW!I have them side by side here,each with its own HP computer and they preform verry much the same.The lg does not come included with a DVI cable!at least here in the US,but may be included in other countries.The software (not the drivers)included with the LG monitor is alittle buggy!i had to uninstall mine because it caused a few problems with the monitor.Enjoy the LG if you decide to get one.There is a LG-L226wt thread here!you may want to review it or add any comments to it. Stan

hmm sammy 226 has 2 ms response and Lg has 5 ms response. the onyl difference i could techincally find,

samsung is 2 ms GTG and Lg is 5ms GTG (2ms BWB (typ)) i think......

check multiples site typ =BWB

on test report it shows the difference.... game.... movies..etc

GTG =gray to gray TYP= BWB =black white black

check that out

cya
:) :) :) :)

samsung is 2 ms GTG and Lg is 5ms GTG (2ms BWB (typ)) i think......

check multiples site typ =BWB

on test report it shows the difference.... game.... movies..etc

GTG =gray to gray TYP= BWB =black white black

check that out

cya
:) :) :) :)

Samsung is 2ms GTG and LG is 2ms GTG. LG is 5ms BWB as is Samsung.

In other words both monitors have the exact same response time.

I own both monitors LG-L226WT and Sam 226BW!I have them side by side here,each with its own HP computer and they preform verry much the same.The lg does not come included with a DVI cable!at least here in the US,but may be included in other countries.The software (not the drivers)included with the LG monitor is alittle buggy!i had to uninstall mine because it caused a few problems with the monitor.Enjoy the LG if you decide to get one.There is a LG-L226wt thread here!you may want to review it or add any comments to it. Stan

Which 226BW panel? A or S?

Back