LG W2220P vs Dell 2209WA

Matas

Limp Gawd
Is it true that both these monitors are the same, just only LG doesn't have USB hub?

The understanding I have is they use the same panel but the internal circuitry and a few other components actually make them give a different picture somewhat. I would like for anyone to correct me if I am wrong as neither panel is all that readily available anymore.

U2311H is widely avaliable. The LG IPS panels aren't released in N/A, pretty sure they are Europe/Asia only, just like Fujitsu and Eizo panels. LG has the IPS 2x6V (IPS226V) range now, pretty sure they are the successor to the W line, not sure on avaliability as I don't look at forign stores.

Wops, I misread, not a big deal though because the U2311H is the best out of all 3.

The 2209WA/IPS226V require calibration, the U2311H and W220P do not, making them both better choices. The U2311H also has the best ouf of the box settings and over all image quality.

Wops, I misread, not a big deal though because the U2311H is the best out of all 3.

The 2209WA/IPS226V require calibration, the U2311H and W220P do not, making them both better choices. The U2311H also has the best ouf of the box settings and over all image quality.

Well at least to me the majority of people buying higher priced LCD's are at the very least going to software calibrate and some even get the hardware calibrator. I doubt nearly anyone on these forums use the factory settings as that wouldn't be very [H]. :p Image quality is a very qualitative opinion generally unless the difference is substantial so that may hold true to you but not for others.

I'm going to calibrate also, but at first with an eye (software). Thanks for replies, I'll choose U2311H, or 1/4 cheaper LG W2220P.
P.S. what would be the normal price for second handed Dell 2407WFP (A01)? probably lower than new U2311H?

No idea on 2407 prices.

The U2311H is better than the LG, I'd say it's worth the 25% premium for the better contrast and screen siz/res. Be warned about the IPS tinting issues.

The LG is basically the successor to the 2209wa, the real question is, are fujitsu models avaliable?

The Fujitsu P22W-5 Eco IPS (check out the Prad.de review) would be a good choice, if it is priced in between the U2311H/W220P, other wise go for the LG.

Last edited:
I think he meant the W2220P is 75% the price of an U2311H in which case the Dell might be worth it due to better contrast and higher resolution. The LG has better viewing angles and less glow though and very likely better screen uniformity. A friend of mine has one and it has no tinting problems whatsoever.

Fujitsu P22W-5 Eco IPS is mentioned in price listes of my country shops, but they are not available and don't know the arriving date, but the price is the same as LG W2220P.

Well my first choice is the Fujitsu, followed by the U2311H. Would own one myself, but they aren't avaliable in Canada.

Back